Chapter 34: Panic

I woke up with Armin looking out the window, in the same position he slept in. I took in his peaceful expression, just stared at his face. "Morning."

He looked over and smiled. "Good morning, angel. Sleep well?"

"Of course. I've got the best pillow in the universe." I twirled a piece of his hair in my fingers. He smiled a little and looked down.

"Very funny," he murmured with a slight blush. "Ready to eat?"

"Nah, let's stay here."

"Come on. Get up," he coaxed.

"Nooooo," I whined.

"Fine, just let me up." I sat up enough for him to get up. "Are you sure you won't get up?" I nodded stubbornly and crossed my arms, pouting. "Fine." He reached down and pulled me up into a bridal carry.

"Oh my gods," I exclaimed and giggled a bit.

"Well, you wouldn't get up." He let my feet fall to the floor but still held me in a dip. I spread my arms out like tada! and giggled a bit more. "Jeez." He put me upright.

"I didn't know you could or even would do that."

"I picked you up just fine when you were unconscious so... And you said I could touch you so I figured why not."

"This is yet another reason why you're amazing."

He blushed slightly. "Come on." He took my hand, and I raised my other to his arm. He looked at me questioningly, and I started to take my hand away when he said, "Don't, uh, please." I smiled, and he squeezed my hand lightly.

We walked down the stairs together to the mess hall. Nico smirked at us and raised his eyebrows not so subtly.

"Well, I'm afraid I have to do some stuff. I'll see you in a bit," he sighed.

"Alright, have fun." I poked him a bit, and he smiled for the zillionth time. Man, he could smile at me forever. I let his hand and arm slip out of my hands and sat down next to Nico, Will, Hazel, Frank, Levi, and Erwin. "Nico, you are approaching Jason levels."

"I can't help that you two are adorable. So, are you dating?" I rolled my eyes at him. He shrugged to everyone else. I swear if they elected for Nico to ask, I was gonna kill 'em. "So you good with leaving today?"

"Yep."

"You should eat," Will instructed.

"Not yet, I'll get sick. Eating right away doesn't sit with me, remember."

"Fine, but if you don't I will...get really upset."

Sarcastically, I said, "Oh, gods, no. Please don't. That would be tragic."

"Tragic," Nico agreed seriously.

"Yeah, well we all know it would be for you."

I stood and looked for Erwin. I couldn't see him in the immediate area. I finally saw him in a hallway, heading this way. I ran over to him, and he smiled. "Hey, there's a speed limit here," he said with a chuckle.

"Eh, I'm a rebel. Anyway, you've stopped drinking haven't you?"

"I'm trying," he said tensely, running his hand through his hair.

"That's great, but please be careful. If you stop too abruptly and your body relies on it, the deprivation of alcohol could make you go through withdrawal. You won't be able to function and might die. So please just be careful." He seemed really stunned. "And if it's because of me, I don't want you to worry. It's okay."