Chapter 21: Don't Touch Sina

I breathed in slowly and choked down a little ambrosia. I shoved it back in my pocket. I heard a crash a few feet from me. I forced myself to rise and rushed to the source of the crash and saw...Armin lying on the ground, face down. I cursed and ran to his side.

I dropped down beside him. He wasn't injured badly, but he was in pain. Why did it have to be Armin?

Probably because I wouldn't have had that much concern over any other scout except Mikasa, Levi, or Ymir.

I rolled him onto his back and took his hand in mine. "Armin? Armin, please...please be okay." I heard the strain in my own voice.

"I'm fine. Go."

"You're definitely not fine," I said sternly.

"Go, Sina. I'm okay."

"Stop wasting your breath. I don't want to leave you again, Armin."

"Sina?" Jason hollered. Thank the gods, Jason was here. I gave Armin some strength even though I knew it was dangerous. Then, I heard the loud footsteps of a titan.

Annie's titan form crashed into it, killing it. She stood straight up and looked at me. The Beast Titan suddenly charged her. She turned and ran, but the Beast Titan chased her. "I'll talk to you soon, okay?"

"Sina, please-"

"Jason! Take care of Armin!" I ordered. He rushed into the clearing. I looked at Armin one last time before pursuing the Beast Titan.

He was too close to Annie. He grabbed her titan and threw her down. He raised his fist and bashed her nape. It was a bloody, steaming mess. He rose his hand again.

Abusive people deserve what they get.

I used my old reasoning as I attacked. Agro jumped and spread his wings. I made my daggers swords and let every emotion that I'd had because of this stupid quest fill the Stygian Iron as I struck his nape. He dropped dead. I sheathed my swords and jumped off Agro. I pulled her bloody, steaming body from the titan. I shadow traveled her to her room and laid her on the bed. "Sina, I... I don't know how long I have now. Please don't make me suffer; ...kill me."

Her words cut deeper than my daggers could. She would be okay; she had to be. "Annie... no. Please don't say that. I want you to come back with me. I can't let you leave me. I don't care how selfish that is."

I poured strength into her and gave her ambrosia. She was stable. "I'll be back soon."

I shadow traveled back out, and everyone was struggling back to the fortress. I ran past Hanji, Erwin, and Levi. They tried to talk to me, but I was distracted. I continued to Reiner. "Reiner!" Titans had attacked him too, and he wasn't okay. Even Will wouldn't be able to fix him. He had ten minutes left at most, and I had given Annie just about all I had.

I pulled him from his fallen titan body. "Sina," he said with a sort of relieved smile. "I'm sorry. I never..." He breathed in sharply and grunted. "Never meant...to hurt you. I really do...love you."

"I wish I could have told you the truth from the beginning. Don't worry; you'll have a chance to love again." I shadow traveled him back to his room and helped him lay down on his bed. Steam curled around him weakly. Blood was everywhere.

"Sina, I'm dying, aren't I?"

I felt a tear forming in my eye. I didn't want to have to kill him, but he was going to die regardless. It'd be merciful. "Reiner, I won't lie to you. You're dying. But you'll live again. I promise." I took his bloody hand in mine.

"I'm scared," he admitted, his lip quivering.

"I'm right here, my darling," I said for his benefit. He closed his eyes. I leaned down and put my lips to his forehead as I called upon Thanatos to take him painlessly. He came and left with Reiner; I knew even though I couldn't feel it.