|7|

I paced quickly, my hands resting behind my back. Everyone's voices were muffled as they spoke, my attention everywhere but in the moment.

"-dan...Aidan."

I looked up. Tony crossed his arms, looking at me.

"Aidan, are you listening?"

I wasn't. I had only two things on my mind; getting Bree back, and the ice that was on the wall in the penthouse.

"I'm a little busy worrying, sorry." I replied, my voice dripping with sass.

"Aidan..." Loki placed a hand on my shoulder. "Don't take things out on everyone. They're trying to help."

"And I'm just as worried as you." Tony added, holding an ice pack to his brow. "I can't believe he just got away with her."

"Hey." I sighed, pulling Tony into a hug. "It's not your fault."

"I just can't figure out how he did it." Tony sighed, pulling away from me. "I have some of the best security known to man and Bree is taken without a trace. Other than the split second of our fight that you can't even call a fight because he knocked me out with something."

I shook my head, resting my finger on my chin in thought. How could Abram get away with Bree so easily? He's only human, right? Who else....

"Son of a bitch." I whispered, quickly walking out of the room. Loki followed, struggling to keep up.

"Aidan, where are you going?"

"Back to the Tower." I replied, grabbing a random set of car keys and unlocking the car. I had picked a blue Ferrari. "Stay here, I'll be back."

"Aida-

"Just stay here, damnit!" I snapped, getting into the car. "Trust me, I'll be back. And don't tell Tony!"

Loki nodded and I watched as his figure grew small in the rearview mirror.

-------
-----------

Once I was inside the Tower, I waited and impatiently paced back and forth in the foyer. A sudden rage grew within me and I snapped, screaming out and throwing the sofa across the room. Multiple pictures fell from the wall and shattered as well as a mirror. I breathed heavily, whipping around at the slightest sound of footsteps.

"Still so angry, I see."

"What do you want?" I gritted, balling my hands into fists.

"Can I not come to visit my granddaughter?"

"Breean is not your granddaughter." I hissed, taking a step closer.

"Technically speaking, she is."

"And technically speaking, you aren't my father!" I was shaking in anger, staring up at the man who had raised me for the first 100 years of my life. My godfather, my real father's friend.

"Am I not the one who raised you?"

I scoffed. "I hardly call it raising. You left me to die on this planet without batting and eye. And now here you are, kidnapping my daughter and turning a wonderful man against me. Not to mention that said man was dead to me, literally."

"It was never my intention to make you hurt, Bree."

"Don't call me that." I stepped away, flinching at the sound of a forgotten name being spoken. "That's not my name."

"But it's your daughters, is it not?"

"Only to make better memories with it. To make a good person come from it." I sighed, relaxing slightly.

"I didn't want to leave."

I rolled my eyes, staring at the floor.

"But you did."

"And it is one of my biggest regrets."

I looked up, meeting my eyes with  ones of a color that I cannot describe. Eyes I hadn't seen in over 100 years. Eyes, that I suddenly realized, I had strangely missed. Tears threatened to escape as I spoke, not daring to look away.

"And where were you? Off killing more innocent people?"

There was a pause and then he stepped closer, kneeling in front of me.

"Do not act as if you are innocent, my child. You know my reasons and you once agreed with me."

"Now I know better. I know right from wrong. It just saddens me to see that you think you are right." I let go, allowing the tears to fall as my face was held in a large and surprisingly warm hand.

"Your sister says the same."

I furrowed my brows. "Sister?"

He smiled. "I thought I wasn't your father."

"You aren't. But I can't deny the curiosity. What did you do, steal her?"

"Her people were dying..."

"So you killed half of their planet and kept her as a trophy?" I interrupted, pulling away and stepping back. "I knew you would never change. That's why you left, isn't it? You saw I was beginning to change and you didn't like it."

"That's not true."

"Then why? Why?!"

"Because I wanted you to be safe!"

I flinched, holding my arms against me.

"Because you are my daughter."

I said nothing, allowing him to continue.

"No matter what you say, I am your father. And I love you."

This time I huffed and crossed my arms. "I bet you've said the same thing to my so-called sister, haven't you?"

"It is the truth."

"You don't even know what love is." I spat.

"And neither do you, child."

"I am not your child!" I yelled, walking across the room. My anger grew once more and all signs of sympathy were thrown out the window. This man....this....Titan is the reason I went through hell and back.

"Bree..."

"I said don't call me that!" I trembled, feeling my body grow warm, no, hot. Before I could process anything, my body was completely engulfed in flames.

"Aid-

Loki stood frozen in the doorway, staring in both confusion and something I had never seen before. Complete and utter fear.

"Loki, this is-

"Thanos."