|17|

"Aidan you need to relax." Loki said calmly, trying to quiet me down.

"Relax? How the hell am I supposed to relax when I haven't slept in over a week?" I replied sharply. "I can't keep the nightmares away long enough to close my eyes for fives minutes!"

"I can help you." Loki spoke softly, running his hands down my arms.

"I don't want you in my head like that." I sighed. "I want to do it on my own."

"I know, but I just can't stand seeing you like this." Loki clasped my hands into his.

"And how do you think I feel?" I hissed, pulling away from Loki. "I'm afraid."

"Aidan, it's been over a month. If Thanos was planning to come back he would have already come." Loki reassured, trying to soothe me. "I know how he is. He always has a plan and what we did didn't go according to it. So he's going to have to start over."

"But what if all of this was just another part of his plan?" I sighed sadly, raising my arms and then letting them fall with a slap to my thighs. "He's unpredictable and sporadic a-and insane. You never know what he's going to do or what he's capable of. He always changes. You should know that just as well as I do."

Loki tilted his head to the side. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh cut the bullshit Loki. I looked at your file the first week I came to the Avengers Tower. I know all about you and Thanos's relationship. I know what he did to you. I'm not dumb like everyone else, I put the pieces together. Don't forget I've literally seen you naked. I've seen every scar on your body and not much can do that to you with your rapid healing. And with your Jotün genes, you're especially hard to even cut, much less permanently scar."

"How dare you not tell me you knew." Loki clenched his jaw.

"What's the difference, I already know what you look like in your natural state." I replied. "And Thanos even told me."

"And you believed him? That was something special that I showed you. Only two other people have seen me like that so it's pretty important." Loki said sharply glaring at me sadly. "But you wouldn't know anything about giving people special things would you? Like the fact that you knew who Thanos was while knowing what I went through. Or the fact that he could have become a fucking problem!"

I said nothing and flinched, taking a step back. I watched as Loki sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. The tips of his fingers as well as the skin on his nose began to turn blue. He pulled his hand away and the blue turned back into pale white skin.

"I'm sorry." Loki stared at his feet, practically standing across the room from me. "I'm just...just so worried about you. I know you haven't slept in so long, and you haven't been eating properly either. I've noticed, Aidan, how you've changed ever since Thanos showed up. Ever since you lost your arm and Breean grew on that planet. It's hard to deal with, sudden change. But please, don't take it out on yourself....or anyone else. It'll only make it all worse. You'll just become....become the God of Mischief and Lies and that's all you'll ever be."

"Loki..." I stepped forward as Loki turned away, quickly wiping his cheek. I rested one hand on his the back of his neck while the other cupped his cheek. I wiped away a stray tear and looked into Loki's eyes without a word. I leaned forward, pressing a kiss onto Loki's lips in comfort as I rarely saw him cry. After a moment of soft, sensual kissing, I pulled away and smiled. "You're more than what you've been told you are, Loki. More than what you've told yourself you are. You're a good man. You're a good friend and hero and you're a damn good father. You're also the most beautiful and mischievous man I've ever met. And I am so in love with you Loki. I will do anything to keep you safe and happy, no matter what."

Loki smiled softly and nodded, pulling me into a hug.

"Mama are you alright?" Breean asked, stepping into the room. "I heard yelling."

"I'm fine, baby." I smiled, pulling away from Loki and kneeling down to Bree's level. "We were just talking and we got a little frustrated. But everything's good now, right Dad?"

Loki nodded and smiled. "Right."

I shot my head to the side as someone cleared their throat. Tony stood in the doorway, arms crossed and eyes tired. "You busy, Aidan?"

I shook my head and stood. "No, why?"

"I wanted to take a look at your arm. Haven't had any time to but... I do now." Tony smiled tiredly. "Just meet me downstairs."

I nodded and quickly walked to catch up with him. We stood quietly in the elevator as it made its way down. I sighed, looking at Tony closely. He looked tired, bored and worried all in one. I nudged him with my elbow and smiled once he looked at me.

"You alright, Ironman?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine." Tony nodded, stepping out of the elevator. I followed behind him before hopping up onto the table. Tony stood in front of me, examining my arm quietly. "Was your arm completely healed before you put on the arm?"

I shook my head. "I didn't have time. I needed the arm. But I'm pretty sure it was healed enough."

Tony nodded, pressing the button that unattached the arm and carefully removing it. His eyes widened as he placed the arm next to me on the table. "Shit."

*

GUYS I DID IT. I WROTE A CHAPTER😂 Anyways, I'll have another chapter up soon. My notes are overflowing so it should be pretty quick! Pls enjoy and don't hate me! (I'm trying dammit!)

       --swallow_steve💜*