|14|

I sighed, adjusting my armour anxiously as I looked at myself in the mirror.

Today was the day that everyone escaped after a week on this hunk of rock.

I jumped, feeling a hand rest on my hip and I turned around quickly. Loki stood closely with the faintest of smiles on his lips.

"You look as great as ever." He said quietly before kissing the nape of my neck. I hummed and smiled.

"As do you, Mischief." I bit my lip, holding back my tears.

"You're afraid." Loki sighed, hugging me. "It's alright, love, you can cry."

I nodded, tears rolling down my cheeks as I gripped Loki's leather jacket tightly. "I only want them to be safe."

"I know, love." Loki shushed me, rubbing my head gently. "And they will be. You're stronger than you know, Aidan."

"Is she crying again?" Rocket's voice echoed through the room, startling both Loki and myself. I whipped my head to glare at him with glowing eyes and two handfuls of fire as I pushed Loki away from me.

"I've had enough of you, rodent!" I took a step towards him only to be  held back by Loki.

"Aidan stop. Save it for Thanos."

I breathed out shakily, extinguishing my hands and glaring at Rocket. I was shaking in anger and fear.

"I don't like you and you don't like me. But let's get the sticks out of our asses long enough for you to get off of this planet and then we'll never have to see each other again, got it?"

Rocket crossed his arms. "I never said I didn't like you."

I clenched my jaw. "Nevermind that! Just stop pretending like you don't cry or show emotions."

"Never call me a rodent again and we have a deal." Rocket smirked, holding out his hand.

I shook his hand and nodded. "Deal, panda."

"I am Groot?" Groot spoke, finally putting down his game.

"No he called me a trash panda." Rocket corrected.

"I am Groot." Groot pointed at me and I furrowed my brows.

"What is he saying?" I asked sharply.

"He's asking if you and Starman are related." Loki answered.

"You understand him?" Rocket questioned.

Loki nodded. "Required language in Asgardian schools."

I looked at him in disbelief. "What is happening?"

"I am Groot." Loki chuckled to Groot and glanced at me.

"I am Groot." Groot replied.

Loki rolled his eyes. "I am Groot."

"What is he saying now?" I asked.

"Insisting that he's met you before." Loki replied before talking to Groot again. "I am Groot."

"I am Groot." Groot walked up to me and poked my cheek. He turned back to Loki. "I am Groot."

Loki raised his brows. "I am Groot?"

Groot nodded. "I am Groot."

"What?" I asked, pushing Groot's hand away from my face.

"He knows your brother, apparently." Loki answered.

"Who's your brother?" Rocket asked, crossing his arms.

"His name is Aodh." I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"You mean to tell me that bastard Aodh is your brother?!" Rocket exclaimed. He looked at Groot and shook his head. "You sure that's his sister?"

"I am Groot."

"No wonder you're weird. God's..." Rocket scoffed.

"How exactly do you know my brother?" I asked taking a step towards Rocket.

He rolled his eyes and laughed lightly. "I made a deal with him once and.... he screwed me over, all right and I ended up stealing from him that's all."

"You stole from the God of the Sun?" I laughed, shaking my head. "How big of an idiot do you have to be to steal from a God? Whether he screwed you over or not."

"Hey no one screws me over, got it. I don't care who or what you are." Rocket replied smartly. "Besides, it's not like I stole anything important."

"Yeah and what exactly did you steal?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

"Some kind of a necklace. Looks kinda like the one you're wearing now." Rocket explained.

I look down at my necklace and then shot my head to look back at Rocket. "You stole his emblem?! No wonder he's on your ass!"

"What's so important about a necklace?" Rocket chuckled.

"It just so happens to be a major part of our inheritance and our history. The only part of our ancestry and parents that we have left. And it really comes in handy when you've got to have your powers under control but you wouldn't know about that cause all you have is a gun and a tree for a friend."

"Hey don't bring Groot into this!" Rocket shouted.

"Well you brought my brother into this!" I shouted back.

"Both of you stop now! This is not the time or the place to be arguing about something so petty." Loki shouted over both of our arguing. "Now both of you shut up and get ready because we're leaving in five minutes!"

"Don't talk to me like that Loki." I hissed.

"I'll start treating you like an adult when you stop acting like a child." Loki snapped. "Now come on. We've got to say goodbye to Bree."

I nodded and followed Loki outside. "My middle name..."

"What?" Loki asked, looking down at me as we walked.

"Breean is my middle name." I answered quietly. "I...I never told you because that's what Thanos always called me when I was growing up with him. I thought I could make someone good out of the name unlike me."

"You are good, Aidan." Loki smiled. "But, I do agree that Breean will turn out good."

"Daddy!" Breean shouted, hugging Loki tightly. "Did Mama tell you?"

"Tell me what?" Loki asked, glancing up at me as he had knelt down.

"I'm just like you and her!" Breean grinned, forming a small ball of fire in one palm and then freezing it over with ice. "See?"

"That's incredible, Lee!" Loki smiled. "But listen....you have to go with Uncle Thor alright? Your Mum and I are going to stay here for a little while longer."

"But da-

"Lee." Loki grabbed Breean's hands in his own. "It's only going to be for a day or two and then we'll be home."

Breean nodded sadly. "Okay."

"I love you, Bree." I smiled, kneeling down and hugging her close. "Now go with Thor and Tony. And don't forget to show them your powers."

Breean smiled and ran to Thor. "See you soon Mama!"

I waved to her as the ships doors closed and watched as it flew away.

"I hope so."