|11|

I bit at my finger nails as I sat on the ground next to Breean. She had been out for hours with no sign of waking.

"Aidan she's going to be alright." Gamora smiled, standing in front of me. I nodded and sighed.

"That's not what I'm worried about."

"What is it then?" She asked, taking a seat across from me.

I chuckled at myself and rolled my eyes. "Thanos is going to stop us from leaving. You know that, right?"

Gamora nodded. "He can try."

"And he'll succeed." I paused in thought. "Unless someone stays behind to distract him."

"Like who?" Gamora raised a brow.

I smirked, staring down at my metal hand. "Like me."

"No...you ca-

"Well I am." I snapped, glaring at Gamora. "As long as everyone else gets off of this damned planet then I'm going to stay right here."

Gamora said nothing and nodded.

"Mama..."

I whipped my head to look down at Breean. She groaned as she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Mama's here." I smiled, gently taking Bree into my arms. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." Bree mumbled. "My legs hurt."

I rubbed her head in comfort. "Where do they hurt baby?"

Bree sniffled and rubbed her calves. "They feel like after we walk."

"Oh baby, they're just growing pains." I chuckled, rubbing her legs.

"Here." Gamora sighed, standing from the ground. "Let's go inside."

I stood and carried Bree inside the ship. I sat her in a seat and smiled. "I'll see if I can get you something for your legs okay?"

Bree nodded. "I'm hungry."

"I'll get her some food." Gamora smiled. "Ask Peter about medicine for her legs."

I nodded. "Thank you."

I walked to Peter, who was sitting in one of the pilots seats at the front of the ship.

"Starlord." I sighed. "Do you have any pain meds?"

"Have an addiction?" Peter crossed his arms.

"It's for my kid." I scoffed. "She's got real bad growing pains."

Peter looked up at me and nodded. He stood and stepped past me. "I've got something."

"Thanks." I smiled weakly, taking a small bottle from him. "I hope you know I have nothing against you. I'm just a smart-ass."

"I couldn't tell." Peter teased, following me to where Bree sat and ate. "She looks a lot like you."

I shrugged. "She adores her father."

I knelt down and handed Bree a small pill. She took it and chugged it down with her drink.

"Thank you Mama." She smiled and continued to eat.

"Thank Peter." I said, looking back to Peter. "He gave me the medicine for you."

Bree looked at Peter and grinned. "Thank you!"

Peter chuckled. "You're welcome, kid."

---------
----------------

I yawned, sitting across from Bree as she slept soundly. It had been two days since we had crashed and Bree had grown insanely fast. Her height had increased by about six inches and her English had even become much better. Something about the planet having affected her growth.

Quietly, I stood from my seat and exited the room. I made my way outside of the ship and watched as the sun rose.

Loki you need to get here soon.

I will be, my love. How long has it been where you are?

A few days. And for you?

A few hours..

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. Of course.

I'll hurry as much as I can then.

Take your time and make sure you're safe.

As you wish.

Hey Mischief.

Yes?

I love you.

I love you too.

I sighed, wiping away a stray tear as I looked up at the sky.

"Is it just me or does your kid look....taller?" Peter asked, standing next to me. "Like, a lot taller."

"I know she is." I sighed. "I just can't figure it out and it makes me want a drink."

"If we weren't stuck here I'd take you to this really good bar that I go to." Peter smiled.

"I'm not one for bars." I chuckled. "But thanks anyways."

Peter nodded in reply. "It could be the planet."

"Pardon?"

"That's making her grow. Something about the planet." Peter answered.

I nodded. "That's what I was thinking."

"Is there something I should know that you're not telling me?" Peter asked, crossing his arms and turning to face me.

I said nothing in hopes that Peter would move on. He didn't.

"Well?"

"When Loki gets here and everyone gets off of this planet, I'm staying behind." I explained with a sigh. "Thanos is going to try and stop us. Someone has to stay and distract him."

"You can't fight him on your own." Peter said quietly.

"I can and I will. Even if I die. As long as my family is safe that's all that matters." I replied sharply.

"I'll stay with you." Peter smiled, resting a hand on my shoulder. "But, when are we going to tell everyone else?"

"I haven't figured that one out yet."