JUST FRIENDS

We all pile out of the car just as Flynn and Elle look at us.  

Elle:  "Hey guys did you all have fun on the way here"

Rachel:  "Yep, but we forgot to tell them the number one rule here"

Elle:  "No, Prob I got this.  Tain Juanita, you are new to the group so here goes.  Before we do anything else Lee and I get to play dance revolution by ourselves.  You all can watch if you choose to.  Once we are done we all take turns but no one in the group is allowed to do Be Together because that is mine and Lee's song also don't even try to learn our dance moves.  It is our bestie dance." 

Flynn just laughs and says "Kidding me Shelly I have been trying to memorize that crazy dance for years and hell I think I would kill myself if I tried.  I have been watching you do it all your lives"  We go in and the two of them grab hands and run off and jump on the machine and start it up.  Damn Flynn was right.  Those two were all over the place high fiving, grabbing hands jumping between mats they would even use the bar in the back as part of their dance.  It was a whole routine.  They even would drop down and spin. What the hell?  After they finish we all take turns but as per the rule, no one tries to do be together who would want to after that show.

Lee leans over and whispers something in Elle's ear and she does the same thing to Lee they both smile and looks at me then at Juanita.  I couldn't help myself and say "What you two" Elle looks over and says "I have no idea what you are talking about."  Flynn looks down at her and replies "Shellie what are you and my little bro whispering about" Elle just says sorry Noah Rule #2" and giggles.  Juanita said "Rule  #2"  I decide to fill her in "according to the rumor mill these two besties have a set of rules they live by no one knows what they mean they just quote the rule number at each other"  Flynn continues "Don't even bother trying to get them to tell you anything about them I have been trying for years and even now my Shelly still won't tell me.  Even though I know one of that had to do with me." she and Lee start to laugh uncontrollably.  Elle looks at Lee "you think it time since we did technically change that Rule it won't be breaking any rules as long as we don't tell them the new rule." Lee agrees.  Elle says "since we are finished let's go get something to eat and grab a table."  We all do just that.  After sitting down Noah just looks at her and says o.k. Shelly spill.

Elle looks at him then at Lee who nods his head and she starts talking.  "You know how I made you promise last year that we had to keep our relationship a secret until I could figure out how to tell Lee"  Noah looks at her and says "yes" Elle continues "Well what was then Rule #9 was to blame."  Noah looks at her and says "let me get this right you had a rule that said you were not allowed to date me."  Elle shakes her head "Well technically no the rule was relatives of your best friend were strictly off limits. It didn't necessarily mean you."  Noah just looks at her "you really did fall for me hard Shelly didn't you if you were willing to risk losing my bro"  she just looks at him leans forward and kisses him lightly on the lips.  Of course, Lee has to make some noise "Grose you two just because I am O.K. with this and we changed that rule doesn't mean I have to watch it." Everyone at the table laughs and the rest of the night we all try to get some of the rules explained but they would not give in.  I really wish I had a friendship like they have it is very obvious they would do anything for each other.