PLEASE NOT NOW

I asked Juanita if she wanted a ride to Lee's house and she said yes.  So, we told Lee that we were going together and he and Rachel couldn't be happier.  As we were leaving we found out that they made $3,000 dollars this year.  They even had some extra volunteers show up so it wasn't too bad that Juanita didn't do a shift.  On the way to Lee's house, Juanita and I talked about different things.  It got a little uncomfortable when she brought up Elle but I understand why she did it.  When she asked me if I still had a thing for Elle I answered her honestly "Well the funny thing is for a while now I have noticed that what she is doing is not the most important thing to me anymore.  Thinking about it now I was a little annoyed when Rachel said you had volunteered to be in the kissing booth but didn't understand why.  It wasn't until I kissed you that I realized I have had a thing for you for a while"  She smiled and said "I am glad I have always thought you were cute I just couldn't understand why you liked her so much when she was clearly making it clear she only has eyes for Flynn."  I had to think about that for a while then it hit me so I said "I think it had a lot to do with the fact I have never been in the same place for too long being an Army Brat so I have never really had a girlfriend there was no point if I was going to be moving soon, so when I saw her ride up on that motorcycle I thought oh a bad girl I can have fun with her and not worry about getting hurt.  Then I heard she was taken and that she was not really a bad girl but a sweet, kind and intelligent girl I was intrigued at how she could be with a bad boy.  Can you understand that"  she smiled and said yeah "I know what you are talking?  My dad is a Marine which is why I am here.  He was stationed to Japan and my mom and little brother went with him but I begged him to let me stay here so I could graduate from a normal American High School so he sent me to live with Rachel.  I looked at her and my heart fell is this really happening.

I eventually looked at her and said "so, how soon after we graduate do you go to Japan" she looked at me and giggled "oh, I will be going but just for a few weeks I was accepted into UCLA on a cheerleading scholarship I am on their competitive cheer team."  I look at her and say "really I was accepted their as well on a football scholarship" I thought to myself damn never thought I would like a cheerleader but then again she is not like normal cheerleaders.  I look at her and say "I hope you don't take this the wrong way by why aren't like Olivia and the rest of the cheer squad"  She really starts laughing and says "oh, that's easy that is high school cheerleading not many of them take it seriously now don't get me wrong some do but the ones that don't  to them it is all for popularity.  I am a competitive cheerleader I go to a professional gym and take tumbling classes, dance classes, and stunt classes.  That is why I don't attend too many parties plus I compete regularly or did I am ranked #1 in my age group back home.  I haven't been able to compete here since all the teams are full but that is O.K.  I can wait until I am on the UCLA team this summer."  By this time we have arrived at Flynn's house and I ask her "is it possible I could watch you sometime"  she looks at me and says "yeah, what are you doing tomorrow at 7am"  I reply "sleeping"  she laughs and says "well if you want I will be practicing my solo routine at the high school gym you can come"  I look at her smile and say "I would love to"  I get out to walk around the car open her door and give her a hand out.  We walk in with our arms wrapped around each other and I can't help but think why did I ever hate The Kissing Booth.