VALENTINES

A couple of weeks passed and it took me a while to feel normal around Elle again but eventually, I did.  I still hadn't taken her advice and asked any girls out but I did my best not to watch her or try to listen in on her conversations since that day.  It drove me crazy watching her place that diamondback on her finger after the labs since the teacher told her she couldn't wear it while we performed them.  Every time she slid it on I wanted to grab it and throw it across the room. She would try to talk to me but it was just too hard and I kept things short.  It was on valentines day that I finally decided I needed to stop the guys were even more annoyed with me than ever.

Me:  So, is Flynn going to be making it in

Elle:  Oh, nope he has midterms coming up and he will be busy.  Plus he wants to make it back for prom

Me:  Oh, well that sucks so what are you doing tonight

Elle: Oh, we have a facetime date with pizza and orange soda.

Me:  cool I am glad you two found a way to be together tonight

Elle: Yeah me too.  Thank you by the way

Me: Why I haven't done anything

Elle: for talking to me again I thought we were becoming good friends

Me: Oh, sorry I needed time to push though I didn't mean to hurt you

Elle:  That is o.k. I understand but don't do it again

she bumps my shoulder I didn't think anything of it because I noticed that is what she does with all her friends

She gets up as the bell rings and says see you next period

The day went by great after that  I wasn't even annoyed when right before the end of last period over the PA system the principle announced would the future Mrs. Noah Flynn report to the front lawn after class.  All the girls in my class started giggling and saying damn she is so lucky.  Of course, after the bell rings everyone runs to the front lawn.  I make it in time to see Elle running across the lawn and launch herself into Flynn's arms knocking the roses he has in his hands to the ground.   I see Tuppen chuckling and while shaking his head he bends over and picks up the roses.  By this time I am at the front of the group that has gathered around them and hear Tuppen say "told ya dude all she needed was you this Valentines Day you were gift enough"  Tuppen hands Lee the flowers and walks away.  I watch Noah carry Elle to his bike and watch as he puts her helmet on and then the two of them climb on and drive away.