No Second Chances

**SUICIDE ATTEMPT WARNING**

She was the girl that hid behind her smile. She was the girl to laugh when she was at her lowest times. The scars hid away in a sleeve, the pain tucked away in her dresser.

He was the one who loved her. He was the one who cared about her, always wanting another smile from her, another laugh. He was the one who was ashamed about his past. Who was ashamed about a part of him he could never loose.

**You**

You sat on your bed, your eyes puffy and red. You had just finished bandaging up your arms, when JARVIS came. "Ms. L/n are you alright? I can contact someone." You shook your head. "I'm fine, JARVIS. I promise." JARVIS was gone.

A knock came to your door, and you quickly wiped your eyes and hid the First Aid kit. You unlocked the door to reveal your best friend, Bucky. "Hey Y/n. JARVIS said you needed help with something?" You mentally glared at JARVIS.

"No, Im- it's fine." Bucky shook his head, pushing past you and entering your room. "Tell me what's wrong, Y/n. You're hiding something, and it isn't good." You shook your head. "I promise Bucky, I'm fine."

He shook his head, before walking around your room, looking around. "Bucky- no, don't look in there!" You lunged at him, but he grabbed your wrist before you could tackle him. You yelped in pain, pulling away. The bandages came loose, and fell to the floor. Bucky looked at the bloody bandages, then to your arm.

He came closer, but you ran off before he could confront you.

Down the hall.

Down the stairs.

Out the building.

To the lake.

Cracking the ice.

Panicing.

Thinking.

Crying.

Looking back.

Seeing Bucky.

Jumping in.

The ice water submerged around you, numbness taking over. You began to sink, looking up at the hole in the ice, the sunlight streaming down.

Death, it's similar to a coma. Everyone says you can hear everything, not move, or see, but hear. You heard the calm peace of darkness. Then a loud disturbance in the waves of darkness. In seconds you heard panting, crying, and the sound of whisperings.

'Y/n?! Y/n please! I can't loose you, not like this dammit!' The voice was familiar, though it wouldn't come to your conciousness. "Y/n please, I love you too much to lose you!" Your mouth was parted, air being blown down your throat. The darkness dissolved, you leaning over and spitting water out.

You felt strong arms wrapped around your torso, you looked to see Bucky. His hair was flat against his head, his bottom lip quivering. "Dammit, I thought I lost you Y/n." You rested your head on his shoulder. "You love me?" Your voice was barely above whisper.

"You-You heard that?" He seemed nervous. "Well, yes, I do." He confessed. "Please tell me why." He muttered. You sighed. "I didn't think anyone would, um, c-care." Tears froze on your skin. Bucky picked you up and went into the tower. Before you fell unconcious, you muttered.

"I love you too, Bucky."