Markus x reader 1/2

Forgot to mention, all my reader stuff are gender neutral. Also this has some panic attack and maybe anxiety stuff in, I apoligise if I have gotten some of it wrong.

No more bloodshed, no more violence, just peace, for now. The rebellion had won and the humans (the ones less rude) were now trying to make new laws to get the androids living equally with them, from having their own houses to getting paid for work.

Although there are still some people that don't think this is right, temporary laws had been made for them to be punished if they hurt or destroyed an android, sometimes you will still see the odd few who love to give them the stink eye when they think no one isn't looking.

As for me, well I'm more neutral then anything else, yes I believe in equal rights, but that doesn't stop me from the occasional panic thought that one day they might go violent instead of the peaceful approach they did during the revolution. Still, I was doing my best to give them a chance, and that was starting with living with the androids as equals, I wasn't sure who I was being paired with.

However Markus wanted to show people that they can work with humans and had proposed a handful of humans be allowed to live with them as room mates, ones that hadn't had a bad background like violence and murder.

A lot of people had been sceptic at the idea, but there was the odd few that were literally jumping at the chance, however the only problem I had, was why was Markus volunteering this himself for this?

I had packed everything I would need for a whole week and was now in the auto taxi, on my way to the neutral ground apartments where we would be spending. I had to admit, I was a little nervous and slightly anxious.

I had never seen an android up close let alone own one before this all happened, so living with one would be a new experience for me. I wonder what some of their lives were like before all this happened, no that would be a bad idea to bring in a conversation, especially if the one I shared had a bad history.

"You have reached your destination" that made me jump "thank you for choosing Detroit auto taxi"

I waited for the door to move out of the way before stepping out with my bag in tow, once I was certain I had everything with me I made my way to the building, where I could see a few humans lined up and being checked by androids as well as a few policeman who look like they were making sure everything was running smoothly.

Must be still feeling a little paranoid, can't I say I blame them, despite them choosing people who had no criminal records, it wouldn't stop them from trying to lead the androids into a false sense of security. Not to mention this was neutral territory, if someone was carrying a weapon then the androids would have every reason to defend themselves, but not attack.

I felt really uncomfortable though at the thought of being checked for weapons, I don't like physical contact unless I was the one initiating it, I also despised being touched from the waist down, as I waited in line I made a mental check to try and prepare myself, hopefully they don't get the wrong idea.

"NEXT!" I nearly jumped out of my skin when I found out that I had been day dreaming for a while, since I was next, I cautiously made my way forward and allowed them to pat my body, it went well until they got to my waist, that was when my breathing began to get heavy.

"What's going on? Are you alright?" I heard someone call.

"Don't..." I muttered, I could feel my lungs tightening and it was getting harder to breath, I was slightly hunched over.

"Get on the ground, now"

Wait, what? But I didn't do anything. Why is this guy jumping to conclusions? Can't he see that I am on the verge of a panic attack?

"Forget that move away front he line now"

"Excuse me officer, but what is the problem here?" who was that? It sounded robotic.

"This person is acting strangely and refuses to co-operate"

"Clearly you have just joined the service, as this human appears to be suffering from a panic attack"

I was on my knees at this point with darkness starting to seep into my vision, I could faintly hear the sound of snow being crunched, but otherwise it was just white noise.

"Focus your breathing, listen to my voice and breath with me"

There was no one touching me but I could vaguely see feet in front of me, I focused on the mans breathing as well as his voice as he tried to get me to calm down, it felt like hours before I was able to see clearly, only to have a near heart attack when I realised who it was that had been helping me.

It was freaking Markus himself.

"Are you okay as can be?" He spoke softly to me, his face completely guarded but there was a hint of concern in his eyes "do you need a moment before you can stand?"

I looked down at my hands and noticed that they were shaking slightly "just give me a moment and I'll get out of everyone's way, sorry for holding up the line"

"Nonsense, you were experiancing something serious, that is a good excuse to be in the way"

Was he trying to help or make me feel worse? I guess he was trying, it was at this point I realised that his hands were in front of me and placed on the ground as if to stable himself.

So why did it feel like someone was rubbing my back?

"Are you alright sweetheart?"

"AAH!" I screeched and jumped away from who ever it was that was touching my back, it was some guy I had never seen before, but it was clear that he was bad news.

"Do you know this man?"

"I've never seen him in my life" I don't know why, but I instantly hid behind Markus and held onto his sleeve "I don't even know why he did that in the first place"

"Aw come on, is that any way to talk to your boy friend"

"I don't h-have a b-boyfriend, I've n-never s-seen you in m-my life" and now my social anxiety/ was kicking in, great "don't y-you know about p-personal space?"

"Can someone get him out of here please?"

An android and police officer came over and helped remove the man from the area, that face he made was really starting to get to me.

"Would you like to come inside? Just so you can sit down properly?" he said the last part as an after thought, as if realising that the first half sounded creepy.

I nervously nodded and allowed him to walk me into the building and up some stairs, it looked to be in decent condition, at least it didn't look like someone died in here.

"May I ask for your name?" he asked politely.

I stuttered once again as I gave him my name.

"What a coincidence, we are to be room mates" he made a small smile as he briefed a glance at me.

I couldn't help but do a jaw drop as he said this "seriously? I-I mean, your the leader of the androids, shouldn't you be doing, I don't know, l-leader stuff?"

Markus chuckled warmly "I can't do much of that yet, I am simply representing the androids for the moment until things calm down a little, this is the first step, even with it being on neutral territory the president wanted a small handful of guards to help with the process, not just for ours but the human safety as well"

I thought as much, things were shaky as it was.

"W-Well, I hope that I don't make you think all humans are bad to the bone" I nervously chuckled.

Markus stopped at the top of the stairs before turning to look at me with a rather, puzzled, expression, probably wondering what I meant by that.

"You know" I started as we continued to "if you are still having trouble understanding humans, I could help you out"

Markus' walk halted before he continued walking "I already know some of the human emotions from my d-... my friend"

What was that all about?