My Hero

My eyes opened to a bright light I looked around but I didn't recognize where I was then I looked beside me and saw Jughead sitting with his head in his hands.

"Jug?" I said it was quite almost like a whisper it kind of hurt to talk.

"Betts are you okay?Let me grab a nurse I'll be right back" he said and he rushed out of the room a few seconds later a nurse came in with Jughead following behind him.

"Mrs.Cooper I see your awake how are you feeling?"He asked

"I feel a little dizzy and it kind of hurts to talk"I said

"Well the dizziness is from from the blood loss and your throat most likely hurts because of the cut on your neck" he said.

"In the morning you should be able to go have a good night Mrs.Cooper"Then he left the room.I just laid my head back and Jughead looked over to me.

"Betts are you okay?How did this happen"He asked.

"No...After you left earlier my mom asked me what I did today because the school called her and told her I wasn't at school and I didn't tell her so later my dad came home and my mom told him about how I was skipping school"I stopped and looked to the floor and a warm tear trickled down my face.

"Hey Betts it's okay you can trust me okay?" He said and I nodded and continued.

"So my dad took me to my room and sat me in a chair and he punched me a couple times and then he asked me where I was and I refused to tell him so he held a knife to my throat so I told him I was with a 'Serpent' and he cut my cheek and then he asked what I did with you and I refused again and he yelled at me and called me a slut and stabbed my leg so I told what we did and he cut my throat and pushed me to the floor and locked my door and then he left with my mom somewhere then I called you" I said.

"Betty your parents are sick cruel people you are not safe with them I want you to come live with me please Betts I would feel a lot more comfortable with you being with me than being at that house knowing you could be hurt please Betts." He pleaded to me.

"I don't know Jug what if"He cut me off.

"Please Betts" He said I knew it was safer for me their than at my home.

"Okay"I said.

"Thank you" He said.

"Anyway how did you get inside the house?" I asked.

"I found your spare key underneath your plant and unlocked your door and then I found your room after a minute or so of searching I found you on your floor in your room and then I took you here" he said.

"Oh well thanks for saving me Jug your my hero"I said and smiled at him.

"Anything for you Betts I couldn't live without you,now get some rest so your ready to leave tomorrow okay?" He said.

"Okay but can you lay next to me please" I said and looked at him.

"Okay who could say no to you"he said and got up so I moved over to make room for him to lay down next to me.He got on and pulled me close to him and I laid my head on his chest and soon I heard small snores coming from him and I felt safe just laying in his arms again and then I fell asleep.