CHAPTER 6-Calamity

YAKARI'S pov.

The day had finally arrived.
The chosen hundred had already arrived at the training ground waiting for the commander's instructions.

Most of us were very nervous.
Finally the commander arrived at the venue.

He gave a straight face to the crowd as he began to speak.

"As you lots know there will only be fifty of you who will be picked for this assignment. Now to make sure that it's the best that are picked some set of rules have been picked. If any one of you losses any challenge that person will be sent out of this regiment immediately and will not be admitted into any of the other regiments. Now those who want to leave can leave now.

There were lots of murmuring at the training ground and soon a lot of the soldiers started turning back.
Then we were thirty.

"You are still too plenty. But I will make use of you. Get you gears ready we leave at sunrise".

I turned and I saw ñatasha was still in the training ground. I was so happy.
As soon as she saw me ,she started racing towards me.
"Thank the stars you made it. I was scared you left". She said as she wrapped her hands around my neck. Then she leaned forward and kissed me.

I was left stunned that I forgot to return the kiss.

"Is there any problem?. Look I'm sorry if it was all of a sudden, I thought we were on the same chapter. It won't happen... ".
I immediately returned the kiss. This time I had the time to feel the warmth of her lips. I then wrapped my hands on her breast. She gave out a light moan.

I stopped immediately I heard footsteps heading towards us. Shit.

I saw the look on her face and it was that of disappointment and In truth i could relate with her. It was my first time I ever kissed a girl or lady to be precise. I didn't want it to end.
"We will continue when we come back from the mission, I promise " she said before she kissed me and ran off to gear up.

I mounted my horse as I rehearsed the rescue plans given to us by commander zeus this morning in my head.
Ñatasha's horse soon pulled up beside mine. She looked more relaxed than I was.

"You look really nervous for someone who is a captain,  you sure you alright? ". She asked as she came closer.

I looked straight into her eyes and gave somewhat of a fake smile.
She then touched my chin with the tip of her fingers and smiled.

"You can't even fake a smile properly. Look I really enjoyed what we did yesterday and I would like if we could progress in our relationship. I know its too fast but let's do it now we have each other ,please"

I wanted to tell her I felt the same but I kept quiet. And just gave another smile.

Soon the rescue party started moving.

"Remember the plans if you want to stay alive, remember the orthorox will not let us go easy so we have to do it quick and fast. Do you understand? ". Lieutenant đrax belliti  ,the man in charge of the rescue mission said before we departed the camp.

Now listen carefully to the plan. The  thirty soldiers were divided into search parties of six with five in each party. Now the first party will be headed by lieutenant đrax and they will be headed upward the formation. Then there will be two on each sides of the formation leaving one in the middle.

Captain lozur was in charge of one of the parties in the left flank of the formation and I dealt with the one in the middle.

This plan was done so that we could cover enough land in as minimal time as possible. Once the mine has been reached the front party would identify the rest by firing an arrow filled with green powder into the air and once the other parties see it they to do the same. But if the encounter orthorox opposition they are to fire the ones filled with red powder.