CHAPTER 17

"Where can one find miscreants for hire?." Olivia said as she turned her head towards Arion..

He bowed. " my princess, I believe we can find them in the ghetto areas of the country. And they can be hired for next to nothing." He said before retiring to his previous position.
Olivia looked at him still puzzled by his answer. Her hands closing and opening on her knee, with her lips pursed and her brows knitted into a frown.

"How reliable can they be, besides they are nothing but peasant with a wayward lifestyle and nothing to be compared to well trained warriors. You have to give me assurance that they wouldn't snitch us to anyone". She said finally after a prolonged silence.

Standing from her bedside she ordered Arion to begin the recruitment but with discretion. For if it entered the ears of the public, it would seriously anger her father, the King.

As Arion exited the room prince Oswald entered the room. Crossing his hands on his chest he stared at his sister. His black eyes seemed emotionless as he used his eyes to pierce her very soul.

"Aren't you getting dressed, the gala would soon start and the king needs his whole family in attendance.". She ignored. Looking the other way as he talked.

"I'm talking to you, you wrench, how dare you disrespect me"

"Must I answer you all the time." She said still looking away and this time stroking her as if she was mocking him.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." Oswald barked. He clenched his hands into a fist. His eyes seemed bloodshot with anger.

"I use my ears in listening not my eyes,so speak for I'm listening and if not leave my room at once." She said finally turning to face him with a smirk on her face.

The prince said nothing more as he left her room. Huffing and puffing as he walked out.

Letting out a deep breathe while placing both hands on her chest.
"Thank the heavens he didn't remove my head, for a second I thought he would pounce on me and deal with me accordingly. Arion have you been doing as I asked you to?."

"Yes my lady, I put the poison everyday in his teacup ".

She then headed for her bath tub as heaved with a sigh of relief.

Meanwhile in the other side of the continent, In a poorly lit room its owner calls a laboratory, the king of the orthorox walked in with his entourage which consisted of the head of defence and a handful of body guards. Guided by a group of people in blood stained coats which was also reeking with goo, the bunch then stopped in front of a door that looked like a safe. One of the people dressed in coat went ahead of them and opened the door as he tried the combinations.

As they walked into the room it seemed like they had entered a different dimension, with different species of experimental plants spreading there stems up and about from beautiful and tiny to humongous and ugly.

"Where are the super soldiers?." The king asked impatiently. As he was tired of the view he had fed his eyes with.

The leader bowed his head as he raised his hands pointing to a corner of the room.
The bunch then walked towards the room whose doors were labeled DANGER ENTER AT YOUR RISK, But in Orthorox. As they entered, they were greeted with the rancid smell that filled the air making their nose squeeze in pain and horror of the smell. But as they walked further they could see the newly bred species of warriors, sleeping inside the cocoons built to sustain them until they were ready for use. They were about 10ft tall. The king locked his eyes on them before he turned towards the head scientist.