CHAPTER 15-THE RETURN.

The palace was quite quiet today. The king had just received a letter from the orthorox declaring war on them in other to regain some portion of land they had lost in the past battles.
But it was a disadvantage for king armah as the army was not well prepared for a battle at this point in time.
"Summon the war arsenal development team, I need to see them immediately". The king ordered some soldiers that were beside as he read the letter.
In minutes the team were in audience. With them they brought an object that looked like a cart but it was covered with cloth.
"We greet you, your Majesty, the great king armah". The supposed leader amongst them said as the rest bowed their heads.
"Is it ready ?". Armah asked with hesitation.
"Yes my lord". The leader said as he pulled the cloth off the object.
"We call it the cart-man destroyer 1500".
The king stood up from his throne and walked towards it, touching it's body parts he asked.
"Tell me how it functions, what it can do and its level of destruction".
The leader bowed his head before responding.
"Well my lord as you can see it has four wheels like every normal cart but it is smaller and has special arrows attached to it sides. This levers at the handles both left and right are the ones that release the arrows once they are pressed".
The king gave a smile showing his satisfaction.
"But it can only house one fighter , so we have selected the soldiers who would ride on them. The movement is somewhat manual as we have inserted peddles in order for to aid its movement. Extra arrows will be placed at the back of the the cart-man. This arrows can piece directly into a iron wall and not be destroyed, it was also created with a mixture of wood and iron , with a bit of rubber. Its body is made of iron and wood but the wheels are made of iron and rubber for flexible movement".
The King just nodded his head.
"How many of this has been made?". King armah asked.
"About a thousand sir, we are very sorry, we should have made more".

The king just laughed.
"No worries, how about the main project?".
"Its still under construction my lord".

He then dismissed them and told his guards to call the next subjects he was expecting to attend to.
They soon entered the palace. They were all heavily armed with swords,axes and arrows. It seemed they were a special force the king used to win battles. He only summoned them if he knew he was in a disadvantage. The contained only the best warriors in the land both freemen and criminals alike. He had formed this group years ago. They were called the black lotus. They were thirty in number.

"Your Majesty, may you live long". Viktor, their leader said as he bowed his head. He had the most kills in a battle than any human in history. It was even rumoured that he could match orkagor.

The king didn't respond.
"Come on king armah ,at least respond to us, we do most of your dirty work you know". Sasha, one of the thirty said.

The king just laughed.
"You know why i summoned you right?". The king finally opened up.
They nodded.
"Your weapons will be sent to you later this evening, you all should...".
Boom!!!.
He was interrupted by noise coming from just outside the room they were in.
Boom. Boom. Boom.
Soon blood began to flow in to the palace court. The black lotus men started to look puzzled.
Thud.
The head of one of their members rolled into the room.
"I wonder why the head is the easiest part to remove in the human body, hahaha". The voice followed, then a man in his middle thirties walked into the room.
"Ooh no, it can't be". The king stuttered.
"Ooh yes, it is. Its been long since I saw you ,armah"
"Peine ,what are you doing here?". Viktor asked.
"Huh, viktor seems like you are still well and alive. So you joined the army later on, what a disgrace you are".
Viktor got angry instantly, he then approached him clenching his sword tight in his hands.
"The true disgrace here is you, I mean you slit the throats of your own comrades and went into hiding, isn't that right boys?".
"Yeah".
Viktor then whistled, signalling all his comrades to prepare to attack but only the ones in the palace gathered. He whistled again. No response.
"Hahaha, if you are calling your men outside don't bother because they are either lifeless or missing a body part". Peine said as he adjusted his hat.

"Warriors of the black lotus, this man has killed our fellow comrade we can't let him leave here alive, so...", he said before raising his sword into the air, "attack!!!".
"They were twelve in total in the room, and I don't see the mad hatter with any weapon, he might as well be regarded as a dead hatter". The King thought to himself.

The first guy to attack peine paid for it dearly. The mad hatter grabbed his head and hit slammed it right into the blade he planted into his knee guard.
Another, he took his hands into his armpit making him loose the grip on his sword before reaching in for his coat.
Boom!.
And off went his head. Peine blew the smoke off the strange weapon. It was kinda short and had a large opening at the end of it. Under it's handle was something like a trigger.
"You see, a friend of mine invented this , he called it a gun but it was too lame so I renamed it. So say hi to my new friend boom boom shakka, hahaha".

All the people in the room were terrified,it was their first time seeing such weapon. But viktor wouldn't feel intimidated.
"Boys why are you shaking, kill him!!!".
The first two that advanced him suffer a horrible fate. He rose into the air giving the both of them a scissors kick and as he landed.
Boom. Boom.
Right in their dicks. But it didn't stop the others from attacking.
"Arghhh!!!". One of the black lotus shouted as he and three others charged at peine.
Boom.
But this time the soldier sliced the bullet into two.
Fool.
BOOOOM!!!.
The sliced bullet caused an even bigger explosion. The four soldiers lay on the floor dead.
"You cant dodge it and if you think of slicing the bullets, you will end up killing yourself" peine said as he refilled his gun.
"So those big round things coming out of your weapon is called a bullet, huh, I promise you peine , you shall die by your own bullet I swear this to the blood of our dead comrades". Viktor said as he positioned himself ready to attack.
Peine then took the other gun from his coat and pointing them to the remaining black lotus he said.
"I think I will remember your names after I have killed you but I promised you this I will tattoo you and your dead comrades on my body as a sign of remembrance, hahahaha".
Attack!!!.
The four approached him together, as they all threw kriesmeggers at him at once.
"He won't be able to evade them all Sasha said.
"Wrong".
He jumped and did a front flip mid air and threw his hat at them.
Slash. Slash. Thud.
The heads of two of the black lotus comrades dropped on the floor.
"You bastard I swear I will kill you, Sasha let's attack...".
Boom. Boom.
"Eshh...he talked a lot didn't he, he just kept going on and on and on". Peine joked.
The king was in terror but he did his best not to make it visible.

"Why are you here and why did you kill my soldiers, peine the mad hatter?". The king asked.
Peine laughed.
"I came by just to say hi and I killed them because I can, just joking around as usual".
The king became furious instantly.
"My kingdom is at war and these men would have given me victory but they can't because you killed them for no reason at all, what do I do now, tell me,what do I do now?". The said.
"Then leave it to me, I will do their work for them".
The king looked surprised.
"Will you still do it even if I told you that you will be the one to fight orkagor?".

The hatter smiled.
"Yes, even then I would do it more. I will be taking my leave now your majesty. Until next time , bye!!!". He said as he made his exit.
The king didn't trust him but he was the last option.
It would be a fight to remember.
The monster versus the mad hatter. Destruction vs pain.
I would love to see orkagor killed finally.
The king thought.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for reading.😘😘😘.