CHAPTER 27

Yakari's POV;

The pain in my stomach was like I vomited my guts out. And literally I did.
For the past two weeks they had me in chains and feed me with poisoned foods, poison that would melt the organs of a regular mortal.
But due to my healings abilities I regenerated all the melted organs. Day by day my regenerative powers dampened, I guess that was their aim, that was the point of this torture. Weaken my powers until I could actually be killed.

But what could have begotten all this hatred I faced from my own people.

Face to the ground, I heard the doors to my prison cell swing wide open.

"Why are you letting this happen to you?".  I recognized that voice, it was that of the hooded creature.

"What do you want from me, you are the one who put me in this mess".

He didn't mention another word to me before he disappeared into the shadows and shut the door to my cell shut.
Soon confusion could be heard from outside my cell, a man dressed in Royal guard uniform ran in and slid the key into it's hole and unlocked the door.

"You'll be alright very soon, don't worry yaky. Lorytha told me all what they have been doing to you". I was happy to finally his voice after a long time. He soon released me from my shackles and lent me his shoulder to put my weight upon as we moved out of my cell.

"Hurry up you maggots, the other guards would be here soon". Norman had also come to save me, such joy.

As we headed to the gates of the prison, we heard the guards ringing their alarms, signalling each other that an inmate had just escaped.

"Move faster, damn it". Norman yelled as he sensed the soldiers coming closer. They had not anticipated that I would be this badly injured.

In an hour ,we were out and in a safe haven that lorytha had sought out for us.

Fred had brought out a blanket and spread it over my injured body, prepared a cup of hot jasmine tea and gave it to me.
Oo. The scent of this beautiful tea, I missed this.
After about two more cups, I had the strength to finally speak.

"Where is lorytha?". I searched the cabin with my eyes, but no sign of the queen of my heart.

"She is settling family business at the palace. Her elder brother died two months ago and as the only living child of the gardmos dynasty, she has taken the role of the heir".  Didn't believe much had happened in just six months. Not long after, a pregnant woman with a veil walked into the cabin. Taking off the veil I realized it was lorytha.
What the fuck?.
How was she pregnant?, had she gotten married?, did she get tired of waiting for me to wake?.

Rushing towards me, she broke into tears and hugged me as tight as she could. I began to cry as well. We looked at each other for a minute and then she kissed me. I had waited to feel the warmth of her lips for a long time, soon the kissing intensified. Pushing my lips deeper into hers, I felt the saltiness of her tongue, my guess is that was a side effect of her pregnancy.
I couldn't grip her body properly because of her protruding tommy.

"Hey, yaky she's here...".
Damn it. Why this guy all the time.
Realizing his mistake, he let us be but the passion had died down. Now to discuss about the elephant in the room.

"So you're pregnant, for who exactly". I sound like an insecure bitch right now.

"Oo. Its our babies, yakari. The magier says its a boy and a girl".
I was disturbed, when did we tangle that I made her pregnant. Then I remembered. The night of the ball.

"How did your dad take it?".

"He doesn't know. I had to get myself married to the King's son to hide it from him".

"You married who?". My head was getting blown at the moment, I couldn't get my head around what she was saying. 

"Well after the king declared prince riechford dead, prince Oswald had to prepare himself to take the throne, meaning he needed to have a heir to rule after he was gone. So with that he chose me as his bride". At this point we no longer kept eye contact, how could she do this.

"I'm sorry thus had to happen, but know this, my feelings for you hasn't changed. You're still the only one that makes my heart skip a beat, I love you yakari". Then she returned her lips to mine.
******************************
Back at the palace, the entire heads of the seven royal families had gathered in the courtroom. None knowing who called for the meeting began to chatter amongst themselves.
Soon the king entered the room and silence fell upon it. He cleared his throat and then he spoke.

"My son Oswald is dead". The entire room went into dilemma. There was chattering all over the room.

"He died this morning and the magiers said it was food poisoning. I have executed all the guards and maids working for him and I will not stop till I find who did it!!!". He slammed his hand on the centre table, his body was trembling seriously.

"Your Majesty, with all respect since you have no male heir any longer it is wise to move the royalty to the next family as it has been done in the past". Frank ronnister of the ronnister family spoke up, they were the kingmakers of the kingdom.

"Yes my lord, as the head of the boltin family, the next in line to the royal family of the xanderos I put my son Roderick as the heir to the throne". All the other members agreed with him but king armah wouldn't let that sit with him.
There was noise coming from outside and soon blood found its way to the courtroom.
Their faces were filled with horror as soldiers of the red army walked into the room and surrounded them. 

"No one would be turning power to anyone today". Oliveira walked into the room with her beautiful red flowing gown.

"Oliveira, I thought I told you to dissolve this army. What are you up to".

"I'm sorry father. Boys. Kill them all".
One by one,all of the seven heads of the royal families were killed.

"What have you done?!!!".

"Father, crown me Queen of novien and I will give you victory over the Orthorox".

"You are a monster. I will never give it to you".

"Very well then. Say hi to mother". She took out a dagger and slit his throat. "Find their family members and put them to death".

"Yes my Queen". And they ran off to do havoc to the remaining royal bloods.
Placing the crown on her head, she looked outside the window in the room and smirked.

We have a new queen.