CHAPTER 23- THE WAR PART V

Sweat, blood.
Bone and dirt.
That was the only scenery before him. He had lost half of his army with only three blasts of the sonic waves of this monstrosity.
His eyes tore through the battlefield. His eyes were sore from what he had seen. It could only be put in one word.

Defeat.

Word hadn't reached him from the other battle stations but he could only assume the silence was one that meant defeat.

Lying in a pool of blood. Not sure if it was his. Dirt on his face mixed with the injuries he had making them hurt like hell.

He tilted his head to the right to see what had become of his soldiers.

Dead. All dead.
He felt a sharp pain down his waist.
Half of a horse had fallen on him, given an explanation for the blood his body was bathing in.

Tilting his head to the left, he could see commander mathieus and Zeus relaying orders to the surviving soldiers.
They were inaudible to him but he got the point. Shortly after, Zeus took note of him and rushed towards him.

"General?... General?... Can you hear me?." He could finally be heard. But he could not reply, his mouth felt so heavy.

Putting all his strength together, Zeus pulled the horse's guts from his body. The scar on his face was bleeding and he had other serious injuries on his body which could be seen as his armour had been ripped.
"Where are we?." Those were the words that came out of his mouth, not sure of what was before him was his reality.

"We're at war station B, sir." Zeus looked puzzled, what kind of person would ask such a question at a time like this. Has he lost his memory he wondered.

"Who are you?, what am I doing here? .What am I doing here in this filth? Summon Raymond boltin here at once."

"Sir, Raymond boltin died years ago and it happened in your hands." There was silence between them, riechford's face became pale and he collapsed to the ground.

He started to act irritated. He quickly rose from the ground and instantly he fell face flat to the ground.

Letting out a loud yell, he grabbed his hair violently as blood fell from his nostrils. Zeus didn't hesitate to hold him together. Soon the yelling stopped.

"Let go of me you scrat. Zeus why are you holding me this way?, don't we have a monster to kill?", he poured his eyes on the battlefield and couldn't see the beast. Feeling disappointed he asked, "Hope you lots haven't killed that bitch without me?."

There was silence. Zeus couldn't face him. Puzzled, frustrated and tired, he couldn't keep up with the general's rantings.

"No Sir. It disappeared right after the last explosion. The men left tried looking for it but to no avail." Silence fell upon them again.

Riechford looking straight into the fire ,let out a cry of distress. He couldn't contain what he just heard. After a moment, he was calm and he spoke.

"I think i found a way to kill it next time it surfaces." Zeus' eyes widened in surprise and interest.

"How?."

"Front inside. We kill it from inside its body." He said with a Straight face.

The flame rose and finally lost its fire. Soon the sun would resume its reign.

Morning came and the rest of the troops had started making their way up to the what remained of the battlefield to regroup and try to find the rest of the soldiers at the other side of the mountain.

"Keep watch for that deadly beast, he could still be here." Riechford said as he met lozur's eyes. He watched as sweat began to fall profusely from his face. And the same with any soldier that looked his way.