Flower

The third last day of school. Finally. And Brass was speed walking towards her locker. The students were all told that their stuff from the lockers needed to be cleaned, taken home or burnt.

The usual.

Brass was probably going to do the third option. "Ignite", As Luna would say. The locker she had was green, made of metal and creaked when you opened it.

None the less. She loved it.

When the door piercingly squeaked open a small letter ,that was no bigger than her palm, came fluttering out.

It was wrote in the neatest handwriting that Brass had ever seen. It read Meet me at the place where we first met. From Dialja.

That's not really that specific. There was no time or dress code or anything like that. Well, anyway when school was over she would head straight to the place. The nursery.

It was the first day of nursery. Brass was crying, clinging onto her mother refusing to let go. "Brass! Look! Its a painting set! Go and get it before someone else takes it." The teacher tried coaxing her into the yellow, square building.

Another student was watching from the sidelines. He decided to try and help the other small girl. They were only 2/3 but all their pure brains cared about was helping, playing and eating.

The dark haired boy trotted over to the (A/N: potato) girl. He gently took her left hand. And said,"It's okay. Come and play with me." Brass begrudgingly let go of her mother and followed the strange boy with dark hair.

That memory never left either of them but they never knew if the other recalled it. Sadly, the nursery has been destroyed and replaced by a large, weeping willow. The willow itself was something out of Peter Pan. The council (for whatever reason) had dug up the ground underneath it, making it into a hideout.

Thankfully, it was only just after school so the sky was pretty bright. Around the willow trees was a collection of cherry blossom trees.
(A/N in my country the blossoms would have died at the end of school but hey.) They coloured the sky pinks and browns. The pinks ranged from the deepest shade to the colour that dusts the sky at dusk. It was beautiful.

As she approached the willow she noticed that the door leading into the underground room was wide open. A smile played on Brass's lips as she wandered in. She had never been down here before as a reason too just never appeared.

In the hideout there were lanterns hanging from the low ceiling, colourful cushions and a fluffy blanket was laying on the floor. Dialja was sheepishly standing on the left side, head ducked trying to hide the red.

"I know it isn't much. I tried to make a basic salad but I can't cook. And Mum bought me a couple of tray bakes from the bakery you like." Came a quiet voice from the boy.

Brass was rather overwhelmed by it. Never in her life had she seen Dialja try and cook. Except once. He had tried make fried eggs, pretty simple. He managed to burn the pan but the eggs were mostly raw.

 He managed to burn the pan but the eggs were mostly raw

A salad impressed Brass more than it should have. She ran over and hugged the startled boy. Who ,after a few seconds, returned it.

It was hard to understand. Many people said they were to young to love. But whatever it was, it was wonderful.

They sat with a little conversation but more staring and even more smiles. To anyone that was watching they probably looked like lovestruck idiots. Which they probably were.

The strawberries with sugar were the best by far. The sugar perfectly matched the strawberries flavor they spilt into your mouth when you bite into one. It reminded Dialja of them.

When it was early evening they packed everything into a back pack that Dialja had cleverly brought with him. Just outside the door a garden of tall daises grew. Dialja carefully picked the tallest, most beautiful one and slowly put it behind Brass's right ear.

The red ears and neck suggested that Brass received the gesture with bashfulness.

They quietly walked to Dialja's house with the chatter of the birds in the green wilderness. Dialja lived closer to the tree so it only made sense to get rid of him first. He did try to walk Brass home but nooooo. At his porch they finally said their goodbyes. Dialja quickly touched his lips with his own before bolting into his home.

Brass would never get used to that.

Was sup? I've sprained my left knee in a zorbing football accident. So I can't go on runs. As if I'd do that anyway but I am missing dance class! I'm sorry that this chapter and the previous ones have been very similar but I wanted fluff. I adore that song up there. Thanks for the support!

                                       BrassAmber