VII

Instead of school I drove to Xave's house I knew he was still sleeping-Lazy ass. Knocking on the door I looked around chewing my inner cheek a bad habit that my inside cheek had to deal with and every time my tongue slipped over the new skin- it hurt. The door soon swung open and I got a exhausted sigh.

"Genacis" Xavyer's oldest sister started she was maybe a year or two older than mine and had 2 kids- I went to both baby showers, free food.

"Hey Mo" I said scratching my neck she held up her hand.

"How many times ma said stop knocking at the door like you a guest- I was up all night with a baby I thought it was someone like a police man with your heavy ass hands banging on the door" I could help but chuckle slightly and nodded a bit understanding what she was saying eventually she moved out the way switching to Spanish- and walking through the house. Xave was the only boy with 4 sisters. Let's just say- You can tell Xave was surrounded by girls when he does not get his way- the boys a bratt.  Walking into his room- he was lucky he always had his own room- but like usual he had a evidence of a younger sibling sleeping in here.Clap. I threw the basketball on the floor at his back causing him to jump up cursing in Spanish to English and back again.  His angry face only fueled the laughter I was holding in,but then I saw tear stains on his face- personally I've never seen him cry, he was the skinniest and lankiest person I knew but emotionally the strongest- when we were in 8th grade he saw his father get shot in the head, in the middle of a shootout his father was just simply wrong place the wrong time- he showed up to school the next day, told me If the girls see me cry, they will know somethings up- sometimes you gotta stay strong for other people.

"You good?" I asked sitting down,

"You threw a fucking basketball at me Carbón" he mumbled as he rubbed his face.

"Well I know, you seem like something else is bothering you" I mumbled as I looked around his half cleaned room. Having Hispanic in me meant nothing- My mother was Jamaican and Argentinian so when my father went back to Columbia- my mother stopped speaking Spanish around the house, I think it reminded her of my father to much-But Xave's house was filled with raging Hispanics and this is how I made it to IB Spanish.

"Man forget about it- wassup?"

"Uh nothing- I was invited to go out to breakfast by Onyx friend Jermain but I don't think Onyx wanted me there" I started rambling I heard a small laugh come from my best friend he looked around for a bit went to the bathroom and came back out a few minutes later.

"So why didn't you go?" He finally said as he stretched his skinny bones cracking-

"I said- I don't think Onyx wanted me there"

"But you were invited- so someone did" I shrugged and the silence between us was comfortable before I opened my big mouth.

"You miss Jez?" A sharp exhale came from his mouth then he shrugged

"of course I loved her,but fuck it- she is acting messy and I don't like to clean" he said

nonchalantly- as long as I known Xavyer he always pushes away his feelings- he would always help me with mine though and after a few years I learned to except that not everyone likes to talk as much as I do."So you're gonna give up?"

He looked at me with a stank face- "I don't trust her- and she barely really had my full trust anyway - I'm not wasting another 7 months trying to gain it back, people get comfortable and then they think shit can slide- so imma let her slide out my life" he said as he got up- "so you buying me food? If not why your cocoa bean headass woke me up" I shrugged nodding a bit -

We got IHOP after his bum ass got ready then went to his house smoked a blunt, then drove by McDonald's when we arrived at my house by then it was close to 11 ish and Kaizey kept asking me where I was-

From Kaizey
Why aren't you in school?
You are starting to worry me
But you probably don't care
To Kaizey
I woke up late and decided to skip I ain't know you cared that much.
From Kaizey
Well someone has to while you out Day dreaming bout onyx

I only rolled my eyes she usually is one to be on my case about Onyx like it's bothering her, Kaizey isn't ugly so I don't get why she is stuck up on me - I'm nothing special.

"We should go to that basketball game tomorrow-some girl in college one of the dancers or something talking bout some, will you come see me- shit"  I pressed my lips together and shrugged giving it an open ended answer just Incase I ain't wanna go. I dropped him off to someplace and then went home myself- I was probably gonna sleep if anything gotta do what I do best- nothing.

Getting out the car I realized if I wanted Onyx to notice me I should've caught Jermains eye earlier because he seemed to always be there and sense he found out my name he used it-
Getting out my car Onyx swiftly pulled into his drive way with the window down and as he did Jermain was screaming my name out of the window.

"I knew ya ass wasn't going to school"he said with a cheesy smile-Onyx had a point Jermain was a really likable person- he talked a lot and usually was funny or so stupid that it was funny- as I observed but he seems to piss Onyx off. But when he strolled over i saw a straight faced Onyx behind him looking at his phone and still managing to walk.

"Oh yeah- I'll try school again another day" I said with a small shrug-

"Man I remember those days, mad bitches- parties - weed.  Basketball used to bring in mad females in the old days- now them gang bangers shoot a gun and it's better than a 3 pointer within the last 3 seconds" he said smirking a little - a warm chuckle came from beside him-

"that's not you"  Onyx said with a sly smirk

"And that's you?" I blurted out causing a chuckle- I rubbed my hand behind my neck and his smirk grew into a smile .

"Hell Yeah- beat ya ass in a game" he said licking his lips- at moments like this I'm really gay. I chewed my inner cheek my face heating up a bit.

"Man Onyx think he all that- got a few foreign bitches on his dick and he think he the shit- typical" Jermain said rolling his eyes I glanced over at Onyx quickly but saw his eyes move to mine and they darted.

"So you coming to the game?" Onyx asked breaking the silence-

"Well I-"

"He probably is- homenigga was booed up with Sophomore Ari dabbing his wounds and shit- cops was coming and Ari was trying bust a nut- but you know,If anything that's me when time comes"  Jermain said in more than a question than statement.

"You got to mack the fuck out" Onyx mumbled - who was a mumbling mop now.hmm?

"Well I don't know if I like older guys but you never know" I said biting my lip a bit more of thinking out loud but I guess they didn't think I would say that because they both widened they eyes a bit. I let out a nervous chuckle and Jermain face had the goofy smile once more like it never left.

"highschoolers" onyx mumbled a bit.