LVI

Genacis

Here I was dragging myself through the hallways, school was almost over but it didn't feel like it was almost fucking over. The months dragged and time seemed to slow down as soon as I reached the building. Not to mention Arrius had dropped me and Xavyer off this morning, the three of us were doing runs and shit sense 3 am. I don't know what the best part about it, maybe it was the rush; maybe it filled the secret void in the back of my head. But mostly it was the little bit of recklessness it caused. But I would never admit any of these things out loud.

Rubbing the back of my head as I slumped into my homeroom the need for sleep tugging at my brain and I was loosing. I rested my head on the palm of my hand before I felt myself dozing off. THUD. My head hit the table making me jump up looking for theperson who had smacked my arm away. "Fuck you" I hissed at Xavyer Who was laughing so hard he had to hold his stomach. "Mane this dead ass ain't funny suck my dick" I complained. I rubbed my forehead which probably was forming a bruise that I would have to explain for a few weeks. I needed new friends.

"Anyway, me and Drell got a date tomorrow  night" he said softly, "I'm fucking nervous as hell" he added as he took my pencil to doodle on my desk. This class really was like a homeroom because there sat the substitute on her phone at the front of the room.

   "That's good through right, you missed him" I said my eyes giving Xavyer my attention once more. I gave him a small smile hoping it would be contagious— it wasn't. Instead he blinked and let out a long over dramatic sigh.

   "I'm terrified, like I'm not good with this shit. Usually if I fuck up I leave. But I don't wanna fuck up and I don't wanna leave— but I already fucked up" he added lowly because any moment of time his baby mother could walk in and well- raise hell. I was pissed at Jezebel my damn self because she thinks because she's pregnant she can just force her opinion on people. I still never gave a damn. Not to mention she got Onyx on my tail more because she wanna mention how much she be at my house, moreso that bitch annoying as fuck.

"Tell the truth fore it comes out" I mumbled and he let out a laugh, the hardest I've seen him do in a bit. The laugh continued for a couple of minutes before I finally got tired of the dramatics and kicked his chair.

"Nigga you take ya own advice and told ya actual boyfriend what you been doing lately?" He asked making me roll my eyes, he did have a point.

"Yeah, uh I will" I started in defense making him snicker a few more times. The bell was what stopped the conversation. My mind went elsewhere like to the fact we just got here and I was already tired of it. Another fact that I had gym today. Also I wanted Taco Bell. All these facts seemed like reasons to me to leave. The loud noise through the halls were drowned out mostly because I had bad hearing and the only thing playing through my head was No label as Xavyer played it the whole ride to school.

    Finally lunch came around, I haven't been in a lunch room in a while. The good disappointed  me but disappointed me even more when I got to the lunch table my friends were at— the two of them ate it like it was the best thing on earth. At least it was taco Tuesday.   "Why you look like that G?" Niaomi asked making me shrug as I poked around at the food.

    "School upsets me" I responded making the two of them laugh at my pain.

   "Nigga duh, but we gotta be here so suck that shit up" Xavyer attempted at a pep talk. It was mediocre but he was below averagely smart so I let it slide. Sometimes being stupid is actually good.

"Yeah wha-

"I said don't fucking touch me" the familiar voice boomed, like her brothers Malia had a strong ass voice. I saw her head pop up and a few boys chuckle. My place?