Chapter 1: Feelings

They have been very close friends for a while now. They have gotten very close due to the murder of Jason blossom. "I was wondering if you would want to write for the blue and gold?" Betty asked him. He was unsure at first but then accepted. "I'm in." He said, seeing her flash him a beautiful smile. He was glad he accepted because that means he would get to spend more time with Betty. As they got closer he began to develop feelings for her. He wasn't sure if she felt the same way because of Archie. She has always picked him and he isn't sure if she still likes him after the whole Veronica and Archie in the closet thing at Cheryl's. When he heard they Archie had done that to Betty he wanted to punch him for hurting her like that. But he knew he couldn't.

  It was a Saturday night and Jughead decided to drive to Betty's. He got in his dad's car and drove. He got out and walked up her driveway. He tried to think of an excuse for coming but he couldn't. What would he say? That he wanted to come to her house so he couldn't spend more time with her?? No. He isn't sure how she feels about him. He's too nervous to ask or make a move just yet. He took a breath and knocked on the door. Seconds later the door opened revealing Alice. "Oh hello...Jughead." She said. "Hi mrs.Cooper." He said smiling awkwardly. "I'm certain you're here to see Betty. She's in her room." Alice said opening the door wider, letting him in. "Thanks." He said as he began to walk up the stairs. "Oh and Jughead," Alice called after him making him turn around to face her. "I want the door wide open." Alice said before walking away. He nodded and walked back up the stairs. He knocked on her door. She opened it, surprised. "Oh hey jug." She said letting him in. "Hey." He said before stepping in. She was about to close the door when Jughead interrupted. "Oh um your mom wants it..open." He said. "Why?" Betty asked. He didn't know what to say. Betty finally got it though. "Oh." She said giggling. She closed the door and sat on the bed. Jughead smiled. She patted the spot next to her signaling him to sit down. He walked over and sat bedside her. She turned to face him. "So, why did you come over?" She asked smiling. 'Well shit!' He thought. "Oh uh- I- just wanted to know if you Uh-" He stuttered out. 'Shit Jughead say something!' He thought to himself. "I just wanted to know if you wanted to work on the story." He said. 'Liar!' "Oh ok." She said kinda disappointed. But what was she expecting. She could have invited him over if she wasn't a baby. She gets so nervous around him. "Yeah." He said awkwardly. "So do you wanna work on it right now then?" She asked. "Yeah sure." He said. "Ok." She said smiling before getting up to get her laptop.

    A couple hours past and they worked on a lot. Betty wanted to take a break though. "Um jug can we be done for the day? It's Saturday and I want to relax for the rest of it." She asked. "Oh yeah sure. I should uh get going anyways." He said getting up. She grabbed his wrist, stopping him. "Um- I- can you stay?" She asked blushing a little. "Oh sure." He said blushing even harder. She smiled and sat beside her. She turned on the tv and they watched a movie.

  Hours past and they continued to watch movies on Netflix. Jughead noticed it was dark out and decided he should get home. He was about to get up but remembered that Betty was beside him with her head resting on his shoulder. He smiled. She looked so beautiful. He slowly moved and gently put her head down on her pillow making her stir in her sleep. He slowly got up and quietly walked to the door. "Where are you going?" Betty asked sitting up. He turned around and saw her yawning. "Oh I just thought since you fell asleep I was gonna head home." He explained. "Oh ok." She said frowning. "What's wrong betts?" He asked. "What? Oh nothing um," She said getting up and walking towards him. "I'll just see you tomorrow. Thanks for coming over jug." She said smiling. "Yep." He said smiling. She smiled and hugged him tightly. He hugged her back. They slowly pulled away. Betty flickered her eyes down to his lips and then back up to his eyes. She began to lean in but Jughead cleared his throat making her look up at him. "Well goodnight." He said as he walked out. "Uh yeah." She said confused.

  He walked out of her house and got into the car. He sat there for a second. "Shit! Why didn't I kiss her when I had the chance!" He said to himself. He sighed and pulled out of her driveway and drove home. Betty saw him drive away and sighed. 'Maybe he didn't realize what I was trying to do. Or maybe he doesn't like me like that?' She thought to her self. She plopped on her bed. She took a deep breath. She laid down and went to sleep.

   Betty woke up to the sounds of her phone me ringing. "Hello?" She said. "Hey girl. Meet me at pops in ten. Well meet me, Archie and Jughead at pops in ten." Veronica said laughing a little. 'Great Jughead's gonna be there. That won't be awkward.' She thought to herself. "Hello?" Veronica asked. "Oh sorry I'm yeah see you guys there in ten." Betty said before hanging up. She sighed and got up to get ready.

A/N: Well here's my new book. 😁😁 I really really hope you guys like it so far. I was so excited to write this. Sorry if it's a little short, they next one will be longer 😊Comment your thoughts and if you like it. I will be updating this again when I get the chance because I'm on vacation and I haven't been having great access to WiFi. Hope you all like the first part of my new book as I love you all ❤️❤️❤️❤️oh and happy 4th of July everyone 💗