Part 3

Betty woke up and groaned as she realized it was Monday. She looked at her phone and the time read 7:36 a.m. It was a little early but she got up anyways. She dragged herself out of bed, wanting to just hop back in and go to sleep. She started the shower and took her hair out of her tight pony tail. She washed her face and hopped in the shower. Man she was exhausted. Once she was done and out of the shower she got changed and blow dried her hair. She did her makeup and put her hair up in a perfect, sleek ponytail. It was about 8:00 and she went downstairs to eat. She heard a knock on the door but Alice opened it before she could have the chance. "Oh hello..Jughead." Alice said glancing back at Betty. Betty smiled quickly as she heard him say hi to her mother. She walked over to the door, seeing him smile. "Hey." She said. "Hey betts um I was wondering if you wanted to walk to school with me." He explained. "Yeah. Totally." She said smiling. Alice looked at the both of them and scoffed. "Bye sweetie. Be back right after school. Love you." Alice said. "Okay mom." Betty said before walking out the door with Jughead.

   They walked to school mostly in silence. Neither of them knew what to say. "So where's your dads car?" She asked him, breaking the silence. "Oh he had to Uh. He went to the White Wyrm. It's a bar." Jughead said. "Oh." She replied not knowing what else to say. A couple minutes later they arrived at school. They walked over to the student lounge to see Veronica, Archie and Kevin talking and laughing. They sat down on the couch across from the others. "So I was thinking we- well I should throw a party to kick off the school year." Veronica suggested. "Veronica it's already the middle of September." Jughead said rolling his eyes. "Ok fine maybe that's just my excuse to throw a party." Veronica said. "I'm in." Kevin said. "Count me in." Cheryl said walking up to them. "I didn't think this involved you Cheryl Bombshell." Veronica said rolling her eyes. "What. You really think I'd miss a party. Unlikely. Text me when and where." Cheryl said before walking away. Veronica roller her eyes. "Anyways. What do you guys say. Tonight? My mom is gonna be gone for business so my house will be perfect." Veronica explained. "Sure Ronnie." Archie said. "I'm not really a fan of parties." Jughead said. "Yeah and I don't think I can come. My mom wants me home right after school for some reason." Betty explained. "Ugh live alittle b." Veronica said. "I don't know." Betty replied. "Pleaseee. I promise you won't regret it." Veronica said. Betty thought about it. "Ok ok." Betty finally said. She's going to have a blast trying to convince her mom to let her go. "Yay." Veronica said smiling. "Now we just need Jughead. So what do you say?" Veronica asked looking at him. Jughead wasn't really a fan of parties or socializing for that matter. But Betty was going to be there so she would make the party a little bit better for him. Plus he could spend time with her. "Fine." Jughead said looking at Betty smile. The bell rang and they all went their separate ways. The day felt like it was dragging. Betty just wanted the day to end. Finally lunch rolled around. She was starving. She met up with Veronica and they got their lunch and sat down by Archie, Kevin and Jughead. "So everyone excited for the party tonight." Veronica said. "Yeah But isn't it a little weird to have a party on a Monday?" Kevin said. "Eh. A party is a party." Veronica said taking a bite of her sandwich. Kevin shrugged and ate his food. They ate their food and talked about the party. Sadly lunch ended. Jughead and Betty walked to chem together. They only had a couple classes together. "Excited about the party?" Betty asked. "Eh I'm not one for socializing." Jughead replied as he sat down in on of the lab tables. Betty sat beside him. "Oh ok." She replied. "Yeah it's going to be boring." He said. "Well I'll be there so it won't be that boring." Betty teased making Jughead smile. "True. How are you going to convince your mom to let you go?" He asked. "I honestly don't know." Betty said laughing. The bell rang and class started.

  The day finally ended. Betty walked to her locker before she met back up with Jughead to walk home together. She put her heavy books in her locker that she didn't need for her homework. She wanted to do at least some of her homework before the party. She put her backpack on and shut her locker. She walked towards the front of the school but she knocked into someone making her drop her book that was in her arms. "I'm sorry." She said picking up her book and standing back up to see who it was. She has never seen this boy before. He had dark brown curly hair and blue eyes. He was attractive but not as attractive as Jughead, beside the point and looked about her age or maybe a little older. "No you're good." He said smiling at her. She smiled back at him. He looked at her from top to bottom before reaching out his hand to shake hers. She took his hand as he brought her hand to his lips and placing a kiss on her hand. "I'm Nick. Nick St. Claire." He said looking at her body from top to bottom once more. "Oh nice to meet you. I'm Betty cooper." Betty replied. "Maybe I'll see you at Veronica's party." He said. "Oh you know her?" She asked him. "Oh we go way back." He replied. "Oh ok. And yeah maybe I'll see you there." She said "I'll be looking forward to it." He said looking at her from top to bottom once again. She smiled awkwardly before walking away to find Jughead. 'That was kind of weird.' She thought. She saw Jughead and smiled at him. Nick watched her walk away, biting his lip and smirking.

A/N: Uh ohhhh! Betty has met Nick. What do you think he's gonna try to do at the party? Comment what your thoughts 😁💗Find out in the next chapter. I hope you guys liked the first chapter of my new book! ❤️❤️ I love you guys 😘😘