Chapter Sixteen: Christmas Day

Paige smiled as she stared at the 9ct white gold 1/4 carat diamond solitaire flower engagement ring that now lay on her left hand; she was still slightly surprised that Robin had asked her to marry him.

The brunette smiled as she felt her fiancé kiss down her neck, he grinned as he drew her close before he laced his fingers with his left hand.

“Morning,” Robin murmured as he nibbled down her neck, the two of them hadn't fallen asleep until the early hours of the morning and the two knew that Alisha would be coming to see them soon.

“Merry Christmas,” Paige replied as she turned over and kissed him, Robin grinned as he pulled her close; he couldn't believe that she had said yes to him, he kissed her softly as he held her close.

The Dutchman slowly rolled on top of Paige as things started to heat up between them, he nudged her leg softly so that she would spread her legs for him.

“Alisha could come in at any moment,” Paige said as he lowered his body down on hers, the brunette moaned as she felt his naked body pressed against hers.

Robin grinned as she wrapped her legs around his waist and pulled him closer, the two of them moaned at the contact however Alisha burst into the room; Paige pushed Robin off her and held the bed covers up to her chest.

“It’s Christmas,” the little girl said excitedly before hurrying back out of the room, she didn't seem to notice the startled looks on her parents faces or the fact that both of them were naked.

“That was close,” Paige said before looking at the Dutchman, who glared at her from his place on the floor; Robin had been lucky that he had partially pulled the sheets with him when he had been pushed off of Paige.

“I’m sorry,” Paige said as he got to his feet, the Dutchman grinned as he kissed her before he moved to pull on his boxers before Alisha came back; the couple had yet to tell her that she was going to have a baby brother or sister in a couple of months’ time.

***

“Papa, what did you get Mama for Christmas?” Alisha asked curiously as she looked between her parents; she hadn't missed the change in their relationship and it made her wonder what had happened when she had gone to bed.

Robin grinned as he looked over at Paige, who was settled on the couch; it was lunch time and the brunette had just recovered from a bout of morning sickness.

Paige was wearing a red cold shoulder top and white high waisted skinny jeans paired with brown heeled sandals, she smiled as she noticed the look on Robin’s face as he looked at her.

“For Christmas, I asked your mother to marry me,” the Dutchman revealed as he sat down next to Paige, the two watched their daughter for a moment before Alisha grinned at them; they knew that while most of the people who knew them would be happy there would be a lot that weren’t pleased that they were marrying.

“Does that mean that I have to wear a pretty dress?” Alisha asked making Robin chuckle and nod his head, the seven year old squealed in excitement before she turned back to opening her presents; she knew that this was going to happen sooner or later and she was glad that it had.

“She took that well,” Robin murmured as he kissed Paige, she nodded her head content as he held her close; she had been a little worried about how Alisha would take her remarrying so soon after Evan’s death.

Alisha tilted her head curiously as she picked up her next present, she read the label before she bit her lip and opened it; Robin rest nudged Paige making her nod her head.

“Baby on the Way and I'm a Big Sister,” Alisha said confused at the books that her parents had given her, it had been Paige’s idea to break the news about her pregnancy to Alisha in this way; the little girl stared at the book for a moment before she looked at her parents.