Chapter Two: Time Moves On

Running a hand through her hair, Paige watched her daughter sadly as she leant against the door to the back garden of her home; it had been seven years since the brunette had seen Robin and she still held a horrible guilt of leaving him behind.

Paige had only been at university for a month or two before she discovered that she had fallen pregnant; the brunette had dropped out straight away knowing that she wouldn’t be able to juggle classes and having a baby.

Paige had headed straight back to Rotterdam in hopes of speaking with Robin about the news, she’d known the day that she had left that she carried more than the necklace with her when she had walked away and their daughter was the proof.

However Paige hadn't expected the reception that she had received when she returned with none of her old friends willing to help her and her parents turning their backs on her; the brunette had found herself very much alone and without anyone to turn to.

Looking down at her white gold extra heavyweight wedding ring, Paige smiled softly as she remembered her husband of five years, Evan Jansen; he had been there for her when no one else had been.

“What are you smiling about?” Paige heard her husband ask, she turned to face him and grinned as she looked at him; if it wasn’t for Evan then the brunette knew that she and Alisha wouldn’t be here today.

When Paige had attempted to get in contact with Robin after her parents had disowned her, the brunette had found herself blocked by Soufiane and Bouchra; they had threatened her when she had attempted to tell Robin of her pregnancy.

Paige had felt hurt that her ex-boyfriend had moved on so quickly with the Moroccan-Dutch; who made it clear that Paige wasn’t welcome anymore.

Bouchra had went on to run interference with Soufiane so that Paige would never be able to speak with Robin, and being low on money the brunette hadn't been able to do anything about it. It was at that moment that Evan had walked into her life and had saved her from what could have been a horrible future.

“It’s nothing just thinking about how we met,” Paige replied to Evan, who nodded softly as he moved to wrap his arms around her; he hated how the brunette had been treated and supported her in what she did now.

Paige in hopes of keeping Robin informed about their daughter had written in a letter a month so that he would know about their daughter; however in the years since she had started sending him these letters, she had never heard back.

***

Robin sighed as he looked at Bouchra as he hugged goodbye to his children, before they headed back to London with their mother and her new husband.

The Dutchman had tried everything to make his marriage work, however Bouchra had lost all interest in their marriage and Robin had been devastated when she had left him for another man.

The Moroccan-Dutch had felt horrible for what she had done to Robin especially with the secret that she had kept from him; she had been the one making sure that Robin never got the letters that Paige had being sending him about his daughter.

“Be good for your mother,” Robin said softly as he released Shaqueel and Dina, the two of them meant the world to him and he wished that he could spend more time with them.

However since his divorce, Robin had moved to Manchester wanting to start afresh after all that had happened in London; he couldn’t bear to be there alone anymore and the move had been welcomed as he attempted to adjust to single life again.

“We will papa,” Shaqueel said as he hugged his father, Robin closed his eyes as tears formed while Bouchra watched sadly knowing that she was the cause of the Dutchman’s heartache; the guilt of what she had done was killing her and she didn’t know how to make things right after hiding the truth from him for years.

“Bouchra it was nice to see you again,” Robin said as he looked at his ex-wife of a year, he didn’t know what it was but every time that he saw her there was something in her eyes like she was hurting.

Bouchra nodded her head as she looked at her husband, Daniel Verbeek, who she had turned to when things with Robin had become too much; the guilt that she had for hiding the news that Paige had given Robin a child had eaten away at her.

“So we’ll see you next weekend,” Bouchra said softly as she shifted uncomfortable, she knew that she should tell Robin the truth and give him the letters that Paige had written for him but as selfish as it was; she didn't want to hurt him anymore than she already had.

“That’s the custody agreement,” Robin said shrugging making Bouchra nod her head sadly, she had been granted by the court full custody of their children while Robin only had them two weekends a month; it was like she was punishing him for something that he hadn’t even done.

“Okay… say goodbye children,” Bouchra said softly making Shaqueel and Dina say goodbye to their father, who looked devastated that again they were going home without him.

Robin felt tears build in his eyes as he watched Bouchra and Daniel take his children away; he hated that this was all he got, he wanted to see his children more and it hurt him that Arsenal had refused to offer him a new contract and it had forced him to move away, even if he had wanted a change of scenery.

Stuffing his hands into his pockets, Robin left the train station as he headed back to his silver Audi A4 that was parked outside; he hated going back to his home alone, it made him think of everything that had happened the last few years and it made his heartache for a simpler time when he had Paige.