I Wan'na Be Like You (The Monkey Song)

I switched the battery in the plugs from the filler to the actual batteries. I held them in my hand, wondering if I was going to be okay wearing them. I shrugged and plugged them in, turning them on. I jumped as soon as the hearing transmitted, I could hear the concert outside. There was so much noise going on, I could hear water running and the electricity running. My eyes widened and I was tempted to take them out, but I reminded myself I have to get used to it at some point. I looked around and saw a tennis ball sitting on the table. I picked it up and sat on the couch, then tossed it to the wall across from me.

Thump. I smiled, catching it and throwing it again. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. I was probably having too much fun with this but oh well. I pulled my phone out and caught the tennis ball once more. I immediately pulled up Na Na Na by My Chemical Romance. I had never been allowed to listen to it at the orphanage. As soon as the beat started I was dancing, but not before I texted Ana.

Me: Was that good?

Ana: Dude that was amazing! Where do you want me to meet you after?

Me: At the band's entrance in the back. I'll wait out there with my dad.

Ana: Alright! I'll see you then.

After that I tossed my phone down and started dancing again. I got through about 3 songs I had never heard before when the door clicked open.

I immediately stopped in my tracks. The Fall Out Boys were all laughing. I ran up to Patrick and hugged him. He smiled at me.

"Do you have your hearing aids in?" He asked. I nodded. "Alright, Eve, this is Joe, Andy and Pete."

"Hi," Joe said. His voice was tired, like he had just played a concert with all his heart (which he did).

"Hi!" Andy's voice did not match his personality. He looked like he could kill, but his voice was like it came from a teddy bear. A little bit high, but not like "13-year-old who had been kicked in the nuts" high (which I have heard). He had no shirt on, which surprised me because he had one when they went on but I didn't see it anywhere.

"Saved the best for last!" Pete said, coming up and hugging me. I laughed. His voice sounded rough, but not like he had been smoking for 10 years. I squeezed him a little bit, just excited to be hearing the guys laugh. Pete pulled away and I immediately ran to Patrick. He laughed, opening his arms up. I crashed into them, letting him hold me.

"Thank you," I signed when I pulled away.

"Eve, your phone is ringing, want me to answer? Someone named Ana?" Andy asked. I nodded quickly. He answered it, "Hello, Andy speaking for Eve here. You have her bag where she told you to meet here? We'll be out in a second. Thank you," The call was quick, and I led the guys out after we all grabbed our stuff that wasn't being transported home by workers later. 

I pushed open the door and looked around for Ana, finally seeing her leaning against the wall by herself. I smiled and walked to her. She walked towards me and hugged me, handing me my bag.

"Thanks, Ana!" I smiled at her.

"You're welco- Is that Fall Out Boy?" Ana whispered, eyes wide and hands shaking.

"I did say Patrick was my dad, right?" I signed, taking her hand and leading her to the boys. They all smiled when they saw her. I introduced her to them, allowing them to wave independently. She squealed, covering her mouth.

"Nice to meet you Ana. Thank you for saving Eve's bag, sorry she couldn't go back out after I finished talking to her. I knew that after she was done on stage she would want to experiment with her hearing aids," Patrick explained. I couldn't stop reveling in the noises. I could hear cars that were on the highway a little ways off. People were talking in the parking lot. I didn't even hear Ana and the guys talking about me. I just looked around and listened to different things. 

"Well, I need to be getting home, thank you for meeting me," Ana said.

I turned back around, "Thank you for saving my bag! I'll talk to you later?" I smiled at her, hugging her.

"Of course! See you guys!" Ana walked off, and Patrick led me to the car. We waved goodnight to Pete, Joe, and Andy as we climbed in.

"Was that good?" Patrick asked, driving out of the parking lot.

"It was amazing! Thank you, Patrick!" I signed, looking down at my phone. I was already texting Ana.

"Do you like her?" Patrick asked quietly, turning down the radio.

"As a friend, yeah," I signed. She was so nice and pretty...

"Okay."

We pulled into the driveway a little bit later. I got out and Declan was already running to me.

"Can you hear me now?" Declan asked, bouncing in front of me. I nodded, kneeling to his level. He laughed and hugged me, "Let's go play!" 

"Actually, we need to head to bed," Elisa said, coming over and picking him up. I smiled at her and she hugged me.

"Come on guys, let's go to bed," Patrick ushered us in the door and closed it behind us. Antero waddled up to us, his grin huge. I smiled and picked him up, playing with him. I brought him up to his room, after hugging Patrick and Elisa goodnight, and laid him on his bed. He fell asleep within minutes. I walked into my room and set my bag on my desk, took my hearing aids out and collapsed on my bed, falling asleep within minutes.