Chapter 16

Very upset.. I had to chop my nails off because when I play my bass, my nails keep hitting the strings and making it play weird and it irritates me. So, now I don't have long-ish fingernails anymore. ;-;

xoCrashFire

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"So, what'd you do with all the blades you took from Gerard last night?" Mikey asks as he climbs in the front seat of my car after I pull up to pick them up. One thing I actually enjoy about my school: no detention on Fridays. I never understood why it's like that, but I'm not going to argue.

"I through them in a dumpster on my way to school after dropping you and Ray off," I answer, looking out the window so see if Ray's around.

"You know he's just going to go out and buy more. He does have a car of his own and his licence. Not much you can do," Mikey points out.

"Thanks for supporting me, buddy," I say sarcastically and sigh. "I knew that, I'm just trying to keep him away from that stuff. If he would actually loosen up and talk to me, I don't think he would need the blades like he thinks he would."

"Okay. Its just that sometimes you don't really think things through."

"I have a question," I blurt out, thinking about yesterday. "Is Gerard gay?"

He gives me an odd look, then opens his mouth a little. Before he can get anything out, though, Ray walks up to the car and gets in the backseat. And this is the when I curse the day Ray Toro was born. Or should I say conceived.

"Hey, guys, what's up?" He asks, shutting his door. I sigh and rest my forehead on the steering wheel, he seriously couldn't have picked a worse time to finally show up.

"Nothing, let's just get to Mikey's house and do what we usually do," I say, trying not to grumble rude things about Ray after I'm done.

"So, pig out then play video games until you throw a bitch fit and accuse one of us of cheating?" Ray asks, sounding like a smart ass. I don't throw a bitch fit, I loudly point out that one of them, usually Ray, screen peeked and shot me because he was mad that I'm better.

I don't reply though because I'm not in the mood for arguing. I'll save that for later. For when he so obviously cheats.

We arrive in no time and waste no time going inside and grabbing every bag of chips and can of soda we can find. We set them out on the coffee table and set up video games.

"Not gonna have your daily visit with Gerard today?" Mikey asks, an amused yet serious tone in his voice.

"I think he's kind of mad at me, I mean, why wouldn't he be? I took his blades and walked in on him while be was half naked. I don't think he has any interest in seeing me," I say while choosing my weapon for Call of Duty.

"I don't think he'd be that mad," Ray says.

"I think he would," I say, leaning forward to grab my Coke.

"To be honest, Frank, I agree with Ray," Mikey says. "I think you caring about him and actually trying to help him keeps him sane and is why hasn't attempted again."

"So, you and Donna haven't tried?" I ask, feeling kind of pissed. Gerard is his fucking brother and he hasn't tried to help him?

"We have, he just thinks we tried because we think we're obligated to, not because we want to. He told us that himself. Now, he didn't tell me this, but I think he thinks you're helping him because you want to, not because you feel like you have to."

"Then he's right," I reply, pressing start so we can start the round. I'm not helping him because I'm obligated to, I'm helping him because I want to and because I like him.

We stop talking after that, the only sounds being the clicking of the controllers, the noises from the video game, and some music from, I'm guessing, upstairs.

The game pauses, so I look from the screen to the couch where Mikey and Ray are. "Sorry, gotta piss," Ray says, giving me a chance to re-ask Mikey that question.

When gets out of ear shot, I look at Mikey. "Is he gay?"

"Gerard? I'm pretty sure," he answers, looking a bit unsure. "Why? Are you-"

"Why does it matter?" A different voice asks from behind me. I turn around and see Gerard on the last step of the staircase, giving me a hateful look. "Are you just going to make fun of me like everyone else?"

Okay, well, he is gay. But now he's angry. "No- wait, why do you always think the worst of me? Do I just come off as a bad person?"

Ray walks in and looks from me to Gerard, then to Mikey. He shrugs and sits back down. 

"I don't know," he answers, crossing  his arms and stepping off the final step, he leans against the wall and just stares at me.

"I'm not! Would you please give me a chance to show you that?" I ask impulsively. I really didn't plan on asking him out by yelling at him in anger.

His eyes widen a little and he looks taken aback. He straightens back up, keeping his arms crossed. He just stands there, eyeing me, making me nervous as hell then he nods. "Sure."

"Next Friday," I tell him. He nods again and turns around, walking back up the stairs.

I turn back on the chair and a stupid smile spreads across my face. I have a date with Gerard Way next week.

"Did you just ask my brother out?" Mikey asks, looking just as shocked as I feel. I honestly didn't expect him to say yes. I thought he'd tell me no because I'm still a minor and he's twenty-two.

"Yes." I'm pretty sure this is the biggest I've ever smiled, and the most terrified I've ever felt. I don't even know what I'm going to do. Where will we go? I can't risk someone from school seeing me although, of that were to happen, I could play it off like he's a friend. But that would hurt Gerard's feelings and I don't want to do that. I don't have to worry about my parents seeing me, they both work Friday evening. At least, I'm pretty sure they do. I really should think these things  out before I open my big fat mouth.

"Well, let's play video games, shall we?" Ray asks, picking up his controller and hovering his thumb over the 'A'  key, waiting for Mikey and I's approval.

We both nod and grab our controllers as well.

I don't really pay my full attention to the game, I'm mostly thinking about what to do. What should I wear? Should I get him flowers? No, he's a guy, he doesn't want fucking flowers.

"Bam!" I get knocked out of my thoughts by Ray shouting. I pay more attention and realize that he killed me. "You're not going to yell at me?"

"Not today, man," I say and set my controller down so I can grab some chips.

"Do you just want to watch a movie?" Mikey asks, already shutting the Xbox off. I just nod, feeling kind of bad that I'm so distracted they don't even want to play video games anymore.

"Is Grown Ups alright?" Mikey asks, walking towards the movie cabinet.

"Yeah," Ray and I both say.

And that's how our whole evening was spent, watching movies and stuffing our faces, mostly horror movies though. The Collector and The Collection, those aren't really scary, just gory and all around fucked up. There's also Amityville Horror, which is about a haunted house. A few others too.

I actually am paying attention, I've finally stopped worrying about the date and am acting like myself again. We're currently watching Scream, it's a bit of a tradition for us, watching all the Scream movies. I'm throwing popcorn at the screen, calling Tatum a stupid slut because she honestly thought she was going get through the fucking cat thing at the bottom of the garage door.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I just kind of threw this one together. #sorrynotsorry

I'm excited I finally got Frerard started and I don't even know what to do with myself. Probably start the next chapter and update tomorrow or something.

I HAVE BASS GUITAR LESSON TODAY. I WILL BE THE NEXT MICHAEL JAMES WAY, OR SOMETHING ONLY FEMALE BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A PENIS.

XOCRASHFIRE I LOVE YOU GUYS