Baby-Sitting: RaccoonEggs

this was one of my first requests, and i was so excited to write it :))

Giggling erupted from the boy's mouth. "Hey, (name)!"

"Yes, Ezra?" Her eyes subconsciously rolled in their sockets, then flicked back to his face.

"You have a really nice smi—," he bursted back into giggles, and then continued, "—le."

"I don't think I'm going to take anything you say seriously being that I just watched you smoke a ridiculous amount of weed."

"What?" He asked, seemingly sobering up, as he leaned on his elbow towards her. "Why not?"

She chuckled and jokingly pushed his shoulder back, causing him to fall back against the bed with a short grunt. "Because, you don't make any sense when you're high."

"Whaaaaat?" He fell off the bed, and giggled harder than he had before. "I'm super serious all the tiiiime..." At that, he laughed more and rolled around on the floor.

"Jesus... What was even in that?"

He crawled back to the foot of the bed and tried to climb up without standing up, and glared at her seriously. "Are you asking if it's laced?"

"Yes." She glared right back.

"No," he said in a soft, comforting voice. "It's not laced. And I trust my dealer." He reached for her hand as he sat back down on the bed, gently smiling.

"Okay," she said, her voice breaking as his fingers touched her knuckles. She hoped he was too high to notice, and she looked away, at the television.

It was playing some random show about housewives, and she smiled at some joke someone made. Her smile lit up his heart, no matter how small the smile might've been.

He reached his arm over again, and cupped her cheek gently. "You know, we've been friends for a really long time now."

"Y-yeah, we have," she mumbled, trying to look anywhere but at his face.

His thumb dropped, along with the rest of his hand, and it landed on the bed next to her thigh. He fell over a little, onto her thigh, and she pet his hair gently.

"Ezra, how is it that you have such nice hair?"

She had leaned down over his face, upside down from his perspective, and he had leaned up to see her, causing their foreheads to collide.

He giggled and fell back, smiling wide. "I use a bunch of conditioners," he answered honestly. His head made a smacking noise as it landed on her thigh. His smile lit his eyes up and made them shine. "Why do you ask? Your hair is already pretty enough." His arm reached up and his fingers held gently to a lock. 

Her face flushed and she swatted his hand away, but as her hand got close to his, he grabbed her index finger. "Why did you hit me?" His smile melted into a frown, and he gripped her hand. Ezra attempted to sit up and looked at (name)'s eyes, without blinking. "Why don't you like me?" 

"Wh-what? Why would you say that? Of course I like you." She looked away, slightly embarrassed and uncomfortable. But he held tightly to her hand, and tried to get her to look his way. 

"Then why don't you ever look at me when we talk? Or... or you don't... I don't know, you just don't pay attention to me when we're with friends, and..." 

She shook her head quickly. "No, no, don't... It's not like that, I just don't know how to act around you sometimes. I mean, we're so close but sometimes it's like were family more than what... What I want us to be, I guess." She looked away quickly before he could say something, and tried to stand up. 

"Wait, where are you going? We should talk about this, I think I know what you mean, and..." His hand was still gripping hers, and she sighed. 

"I don't think you do," she whispered, and bit her lip. 

The curly haired boy pulled her back over and he hugged her, standing up in the process. He smiled a little, the THC in his body still active. "Why are you so goddamned cute?" He asked, playing with her (color) hair. 

"Hmm?" She mumbled, her face in his shoulder. "What do you mean?" Her mind raced with the possibility that he was just high and had no idea what he was talking about. 

He grabbed her shoulders gently and pulled her back, looking over her face. "You're cute. Why? It boggles my mind. How come you don't have a boyfriend? Why do people treat you so poorly?" 

"Where is this coming from, Ezra?" 

"What do you mean? I constantly think this stuff. I mean, look at your nose. It in itself is adorable, and I like your eyes, and your hair is wonderful." He leaned in a bit, and kissed her cheek. 

Her face lit up immediately, and she turned as red as a tomato. Her hand instantly flew to her cheek, and he chuckled a little. The internet enigma let go of her shoulders and flopped back on the bed. His arms folded behind his head, and he stared at the ceiling. "Hey." 

"Y-yeah?"

"Would you wanna go out sometime?"

"Uh, yeah, I guess?"

"Cool. Hey, what if cats had wings like that one anime?"

"How much did you smoke again?"

"A couple bowls."

"Jesus Christ."