Chapter 28

Marcy hesitated, "Supernatural Highschool?"

We nodded, "A place for people like you and us, people with abilities that science can't explain." Honey explained, and Marcy looked taken aback.

"There is a place like that?" Her eyes filled with hope but were also slightly fearful in case her hopes were crushed as they had been so many times before.

I gently smiled at her, "I didn't believe it at first either, for a completely different reason, but I was doubtful all the same." I chuckled, thinking about all that had happened since I joined which seemed like a lifetime ago, "Trust us, you'll fit in just fine."

"And no one will see you as a monster," Honey continued, "in fact, with an ability as strong as yours, I'm sure you'll quickly become quite popular."

"But what if it gets out of hand?" She worried again, but still remaining hopeful that we had a solution.

"We have assistants who can supress powerful abilities with their own abilities, so there won't be any need for artificial drugs, nor do you need to worry. Besides, I think the large majority of students are fully capable of defending themselves, no matter how deadly your ability may be." Honey giggled slightly.

"Really?" She still hesitated but when she saw us nod she sent us a genuine small smile, "I can help you get out of here, as long as you promise to take me with you to this school."

"Of course, we promise." I told her and she gave me a small awkward hug, clearly not used to human contact.

"Okay then, I will show you out, but we have to be careful," She moved towards the door and opened it slightly, "And quiet. Very quiet." She lowered her voice to a whisper.

"I might find that part difficult." Honey whispered probably a little too loud, and I had to cover my mouth to prevent my laughter from spilling out.

"You don't say?" I asked sarcastically causing her to laugh before she too had to cover her mouth when Marcy sent us a glare.

"You two are quite possibly the strangest people I have ever met." She rolled her eyes, but there was a certain playfulness that hadn't been there before, and it made me smile.

"You'll meet even weirder when we arrive at school." Honey whispered while Marcy muttered an 'oh god'.

We silently crept out of the small room, and into the just as dirty corridor. The halls were eerily silent as we walked which caused us to jump at every small sound.

"Do you know where we actually are?" I asked, keeping my voice to a whisper.

Marcy glanced back at me, "Well, we are in the Ophiuchus facility run by Volt, I thought we clarified that?"

"We did, I meant where are we on the face of the Earth?" I questioned, rewording it slightly.

"I believe we are in North Edge." She replied and turned back to watch where we were going.

"Not to far from home then." Honey smiled, but then looked confused, "How come I've never seen this place before? I'm pretty sure there weren't any mysterious buildings in North Edge, the last time I checked."

"The entire facility seems to be underground." Marcy mumbled, "You can tell by the mould and moss, as well as the general feel of this place."

"You can?" Honey asked, surprised, and her tone caused me to laugh lightly.

Suddenly Marcy stopped, causing Honey and I to crash into her and let out huffs.

"Why'd we st-" Honey was interrupted by Marcy throwing a hand over her mouth, her coal eyes narrowed in a suspicious gaze.