Fools in a Chick Flick

Casey

I'd been spending my time in and out of Luna's house; of course she'd left the keys for me. It wasn't  that I thought she'd come back; it wasn't even that her scent or the feeling of her presence was so prevalent her.

And it couldn't be the freedom, right? I had the entire forest to myself now; no one was allowed to trespass on a lone wolf's property. I had all the space to rule and reign, and wanted none of it.

So I was here. Looking through drawers, studying broken picture frames containing ghosts of the past; one struck me badly. It was Luna, Mira, and Marcus, all smiling. He was kneeling on the ground, his arms around each of his girls, who looked to be around ten years old in the picture.

I shook the thought of tears out of my mind and placed the photo in a drawer before I could start crying like a damn girl. I'd been walking around this lodge for days; it'd been designed and built to hold several large families, and had enough land around it to do just about whatever you wanted with the place.

It was about six when the knock came. The weather hadn't stopped its attempt to drown the earth all day, and I was just in the middle of opening the door, wondering who the hell would trespass on my turf, tramp through the rain, and knock on Luna Raine's door, when I stopped dead in my tracks, seeing the wolf herself standing there, drenched and grinning like a fool.

"I can't do it." She said before I could ask her what the hell she was doing, standing out in the rain and knocking on her own door. "I can't exist without you, Casey. You're the other half of my soul, and nothing, not even the Council's word, is worth just leaving that behind. I don't care what they say, I don't care what the Fates say, I don't give a fuck. I'm not exisitng without you. I refuse. I will not. Damn it, I don't even care what our relationship is; friend, foe, lovers, I don't care. Just please, please, don't send me away from you now."

I just stared at her.

"Get in your own damn house, you damn fool," I spluttered, grabbing her and dragging her inside. "We're not some cheesy couple in a chick flick, we don't make loving confessions in the rain." I couldn't help the smile spreading across my face, and turned to hide it.

"No, but it worked, didn't it?" Her eyes lit up, and I could feel her grin from across the room. I let her see my smile this time and threw her a towel. 

"Dry yourself off, hellion."

Luna

"Think we should post about this?It's definitely a new development." I murmur. Case just snuggles closer and buries herself further in the bedsheets. "Too comfortable. Too tired."

"Tomorrow then?"

All I got was a "murr".