Recovery

Pretty much Casey's blurb written from my POV, since she's coughing so bad she can hardly stand, much less walk to the computer. -Rei

Rei -8/31/14

"'I finally got to touch her again and she just left. I'm sorry. I'll stop there.'" I finished reading the vampire's post and looked at Case, who was just barely beginning to recover from the virus she'd gotten nearly a week ago.

I saw her eyes, now grey-white even in the orange light of the room, widen, then go back to normal and shift around.

"What could she mean by that?" She said hoarsely.

I narrowed my eyes in thought. "I don't know... Wait, is that...?" Was it hope I saw in her eyes?

What could she possibly be hoping for?

"Casey... You're not thinking...What I think you are....?"

Her look almost pleaded with me.

"Case, you know where your feelings ended you last time."

I looked at the green-eyed, dark-haired mot perched by the windowsill. So this was the legendary Luna. I still hadn't heard what had made her come back here. Casey didn't seem to have any emotion or thoughts on the subject.

But now she glared straight at Luna.

She tried to speak, but was lost in a fit of coughing before managing to get out, "Feelings?" She swept the room with her gaze, and though it was only the two of us, I suddenly felt as if an entire pack was here, bowing under her steel gazr. I shook the feeling off as she continued,

"Who said anything about my feelings?"

"I know you better than that." I barely heard Luna's response. She got up and began walking towards her former mate, who slightly turned her head away, causing Luna to stop. 

"Casey..."

"Get out." Case's voice was suddenly harsh.

I though I saw a flash of pain in both of their eyes, before Luna turned, shifted, and leapt through the window in one motion. I was about to ask if that perfection came from practice, but the sight of Casey leaning her forehead into her hand and squeezing her eyes shut made me stop.

What the hell had just happened there?

"I've got to go." Case stood, her eyes beginning to fade into their greenish tint again.

"Whoah, what? It's 9'oclock. And you're still sick."

She hesitated.

"Come on, it's nighttime. You could get jumped, or they could be at the fireworks, or out drinking; it's a holiday. You don't wanna risk it now."

Her eyes flashed with pain, but she sat.

But a glimmer of hope was still there, and maybe something else, too.