Of Course

Casey

Of course it would be my fool decision to go to Ohio. Of course.

Reindeer had recently shifted, and her, Luna, Brittany and I had gone to a park to practice fighting. Of course I chose one in Ohio.

Luna's two horses, Corr and Silas, were with us, as were a few shifters from the horse ranch. While Luna and Brittany taught a few basic fighting moves to Rei, I leaned against Silas, reaching out with my aura.

Mainly I felt the two horses. Corr was a huge red stallion, a fighting horse if one ever existed. He let only Luna ride him. Silas, a piebald with icy blue eyes, was younger, and more polite. He was the one to steady me when a horrifyingly familiar aura burned the hell out of mine.

It was all I could do not to cry out, and for a moment I stood there, Silas' bulk the only thing keeping me upright. Both he and Corr had sensed my bolt of negative emotions. Corr's ears laid back. Silas only pricked his ears at me as if to ask if I was alright.

I shook my head, reassuring them both through my thoughts, then looked up, knowing who I would see. The horses weren't the only ones who had sensed my mood. Luna, Rei, and Brittany were all watching Kara.

"Maybe she wants to talk," Luna said. I felt Britt flash her eyes and fangs.

I looked at her. "Chill."

"She's a vamp. I'm merely letting her know she's not the only one."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, I'm not sticking around. I have nothing to talk about with her."

I swung myself up onto Silas' back and took off towards a riding trail.