Blah Blah Horoscope part 2

I'm sorry, I forgot to put my name at the top last time. But I still wrote it. -L

Luna

The verdict was actually less harsh than the trial: skinned knees and dehydration (how?) for me, and some sort of fracture in Casey's lower spine that had also affected her spinal cord, as well as her ability to walk. 

When I went into the room at first she was still heavily drugged from whatever the hell they'd put her on, and as I listened to her attempt to explain that she was under anaesthesia and couldn't talk to me, I just stepped closer and hugged her, tears streaming down my face.

"Why are you crying?" She'd whispered. "We're okay."

Later, when she'd been more awake and came out to the waiting room in a wheelchair, I'd had my emotions in check and told her that if she ever scared me like that again I would kill her. She'd apologized profusely, and I tried to make her promise she wouldn't jump in front of moving vehicles to save strangers anymore, which she refused.

***

Two weeks, and she was out of the wheelchair, but still weak, especially in her left hip and leg. I watched as she struggled up the front porch steps. I'd learned early on not to point out any sign of physical injury lest my head be subjected to the wrath of a wooden spoon, frying pan, or, even worse, a cupcake tin. It occurred to me that most of what she'd thrown had all been kitchen items, despite her claims of horrifying cooking skills.

"Your limp's getting better." I said tentatively once we were inside, wrapping my arms around her. She only "hmm"ed in response while I brushed my fingers over her hip bones. 

"Does it still hurt?" I whispered.

"Sometimes."

"Your left knee has stopped buckling."

She shook her head. "It still does. I've just learned to correct it quickly, or conceal it."

"Not like you to admit to weakness." I murmured, circling my thumbs over the front of her hip bones and grinning slightly when she made the slightest moan of pleasure. That was one weakness I had only recently discovered- skin over her joints, especially her hips, was extremely sensitive.

"Only means it's worse." 

I brushed my lips over her ear. "You're worried."

She shivered. 

"It'll be okay."