Show You

Okay people, continuation of the last journal, and please no flame, I know there are mistakes, but I'm working against the haze of fever, so bear with me,

Casey

"I told you to call me Casey." I mutter, staring at the computer screen.

"I thought you said your friends call you Casey."

"They did." I said, typing, "But they're gone."

* * *

"Now what? Ms. Dorgan's?" I asked the human walking next to me.

"No, I'm not in AP Psych." Sydney said, pointing with her schedule. "I go this way. Goodbye."

I sighed. This place sucked; so far I'd had every class with at least one person I knew, that one person being Sydney, but now...

I shook my head and pushed through the freshman standing in the middle of the hall. It reminded me of a clogged artery, then of a heart attack.

I shook hands with a middle-aged teacher who seemed very excited for it being so early, and walked into the room- and froze. My eyes locked with another girl's across the room. A look of suprise came into hers. 

She was about 5'4, long dark hair tied back, wearing faded, beat-up jeans, a black t shirt with the logo of some band I probably didn't know on it, and a navy blue jacket. I didn't see her, though. I saw a collie.

And she had seen the wolf.

I learned later that she had never even known about herself until she saw me; usually the presence of others can awaken your own shifter blood. I told her everything, of course; it was the law, now that she knew, she would most likely shift soon, and I wasn't about to become the rogue who let a new stray loose.

* * *

"What about the vampire?"

"Why does everyone call her that?"

"Probably 'cause they're afraid to mention her name around you."

I glared at her. "Rei..."

"Alright, I'm sorry. You know, I think the collie's waking up."

I looked at her, and she flushed a bright red. "I mean, spending so much time around a wolf..."

"I'm not a wolf." I said. "Pure wolves are extinct now."

"Still." She said. "Do you think I'll be able to take any form I want?"

"Probably not. You're already seventeen, so your form's probably settled, or will settle quickly."

She looked down, messing with her bracelets. 

"Can I see her?"

"What?" I stopped typing and turned.

"Kara. If she's as beautiful as you say she is..."

I glared at her, but she continued, "I want to see her."

I turned around, suppressing a sigh and pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Shift, and I'll show you."