Confession- Anyone?

Casey

"When did she leave?"

"Two nights ago." I said.

Trev's voice sounded pissed even on the other end of a phone. "What!? Why didn't she tell us?"

"I think we're lucky she told me." I was only being honest. "I gotta go." I hung up.

I didn't need to be thinking about Luna right now.

I'd cut my shoulders, like always- no one would ever know that way, unless I chose to let them. Then I'd done something very stupid, and had only been rewarded by feeling worse afterwards

* * *

The cuts at least had stopped bleeding by the time I made it to their neighborhood, in a form no one but Luna and Trevor had ever seen before- a panda shepherd. I'd spent the previous part of the evening tracking her, then just "happened" to bump into her- just as a stray on the street.

"Hey, are you lost?" That voice. I turned and looked straight into her blue eyes. Kara, I reached out with my mind, but not far enough for her to know.

I inched closer, trying to appear non-threatening in appearance, which was in vain; gigantic german shepherd-wolf mixes usually look pretty damn scary. I wagged my tail slightly and poked her wrist with my nose.

Too similar to my old greetings; thankfully she didn't recognize me just by that gesture, though.

A smile spread across her face as she reached to pet me. I closed my eyes. My heart was dying. Or it was awakening. Either way. It was painful. I whined. She didn't notice.

"You've gotta have an owner, a pup like you." She went on as she searched my collar for tags. Usually shifters have their own information on them, but I had left them at home, this time.

"Well, you have a collar..."

I turned, and she stopped in the middle of her sentence. "Hey, wait. Where do you think you're going?"

I fled. I couldn't take it anymore. Why had I come here?

Why did I come here?

Racing, I hastily sent back a spell that should've erased her memory, but I have no idea if my distance, emotions, or lack of focused still allowed it to work.

* * *

At home, I curled up, wincing at the pain in my shoulders. 

Luna, I cried out with my mind, but I knew I wouldn't get an answer.

Kara.

Brittany.

I swallowed, feeling the urge to cut again, stronger than ever.

Anyone.