Chapter 9

I do what Naomi commands and call her to let her know that I made it safety into my home, which only took a couple of steps, and going into an elevator.

I put on my pjs which is just that oversized T-shirt. I switch on the tv from my bed with a big bag of Doritos and 2 cans of Sprite for my thirst and hunger. I keep Naomi on the phone, and we talk for a while. I'm opening up to her, but part of me still wants to keep the things I want to stay locked away from her, and from everyone else. The lock screen on my phone reads 2:45 am as I drown myself with sugar and carbs watching previous episodes of Riverdale.

"So you moved here from the big apple. You are a real city girl." says Naomi. "Have you told anyone else?"

"No, just you," I answer. "Who else would I tell?"

"Oh, I don't know...Malachi."

Malachi? "Malachi? Why would I tell him?"

"You guys seem to be getting more... close. He's been going to the diner not only for his crazy milkshake, but especially for you. That was his actual excuse for the rest of this week when he can't make it to help with football practice. You guys are more than friends. I mean, you already saw him in his boxers. Big move." I can sense the smirk spreading across her face and the wiggling of her eyebrows. Suddenly an image of Malachi in his boxers at the party bursts into my mind, screaming CALVIN KLEINS.

My ears heat up. "What!? N-no..." But I guess it's true; Malachi and I seem to be getting close. He forgot all about the embarrassment I caused him and now he wants to befriend me. Is that how guys fall for you nowadays? Well mission accomplished...Wait, why would I want that? "Malachi and I are not more than friends—"

"Yet."

"No! We are not dating—"

"Yet."

"Naomi!"

"Ayeee, we can finish each other's sentences! Oo oo you know how both of our names start with an N? Our duo can be N&N. Like the candy M&M, but with Ns... I just thought about that." All I could is facepalm myself, but a smile makes its way across my face.

"You are so creative." I comment. No sarcasm at all.

I slowly open my eyes to a darkness. I must've dozed off while talking to Naomi. But when did I turn off the tv?

I slowly get up and out of my bed and take the few steps I need to take to the bathroom. I turn on the lights where one shines bright, one is dim, and one isn't working at all. I stare at myself in the mirror. I still have crumbs from the chips, so I wipe it off. I turn on the faucet for cold water and give my face a big splash. I grab a nearby rag and dry my face, covering my sight.

"There you are."

That voice. I immediately drop the rag from my face and look through the mirror. Hands explore my waist and untie the knot of my robe.Wait, I had a robe on??

I immediately recognize those ocean blue eyes and those long eyelashes. The messy dark hair and that perfect jawline. His nose brushes against my neck as he pulls off the robe from my shoulders. The silk falls down on the floor with a soft thud.

My lacy dark green undergarments are revealed to Malachi, not like he hasn't seen me in it. Like 2 hours ago.

"You are so beautiful," he whispers as he pecks my neck and shoulder with soft kisses, but then they start to get more passionate, biting, his hands slowly exploring all over me, sending tingles down my spine. I can feel my back up against his front, feeling his bare chest and... oh my.

This should be the point where I freak out and scream and kick him in the balls, saying what the fuck how the hell did you in my house, but I don't. I take it all in, crave it, letting out a moan. I look in the mirror right when he does, and we lock eyes, this time sending a chill down my spine. Eyes of a wolf.