Prologue

Ashley's POV 

It was about 11:00 at night and I was at the club with my best friends, Alyssa and Nicole. We were drinking and dancing all night, so we decided to sit down and chat. I was to busy with my thoughts to pay attention to the music. I was looking across the club to a group of guys standing at the bar. They were all drinking except one of them, and he caught my eye. He was really cute, and I was swooning all night long staring at him. He hadn't noticed my eyes, but Alyssa and Nicole did.

"EARTH TO ASHLEY!" Alyssa yelled in my ear. She was laughing at me, and so was Nicole.

"I see you staring at that hunk over there." Alyssa said, winking and giving me a nudge in the process. "You should go talk to him, he's a hottie." Alyssa continued. She had a boyfriend, Mitch, already, but I guess she couldn't help but stare at the cutie I was eyeing as well.

"Yea, why not?" What's the worst that could happen. You look great tonight Ash, just go talk to him." Nicole chimed in.

They were both staring at me now and I felt kind of self-conscious. "Maybe later, I'm not feeling it right now." I said to them.

"Well maybe we need to get you a bit looser. Bartender, can you get us 3 shots and 3 Blue Moons?" Alyssa asked the lady behind the counter. She nodded and returned with our drinks. We cheered and threw our shots back.

It was about midnight and we had no intention of leaving, not until Nicole and I hooked up with someone, according to Alyssa. I was still staring at the brown haired cutie from across the bar. He still hadn't touched a drop of alcohol, at least while I was watching him, which was at least most of the night. "Why do we have to pick someone up like this? You and Mitch were so much cuter than this, Alyssa." Nicole complained.

"Because tonight is about letting go. You'll never see these guys again anyway, might as well to to score." Alyssa smirked.

Then her eyes widened as she looked behind me. "Oh my god, Ash, your hunk is heading this way!" She squealed.

"Act natural, just like dance or something, don't look." I instructed. We started moving as I glanced over to him. He was going to walk right past us. I turned around to face Alyssa and Nicole. We continued to dance as I waited for him to walk past me. He never did. Then a few seconds later, I felt something crash into me as I fell to the ground. Alyssa and Nicole gasped as I held the back of my head.

"Ow, Motherfucker." I heard a voice next to me say.

"Come on buddy, your done for the night." I heard, as I watched someone being escorted out the door.

"Asshole." I heard the voice again. I tried rolling onto my back, but my head was throbbing with every move I made. I got onto my knees, my head felt like it was going to explode. "Oh my god, are you ok?" I heard a panicked voice ask. I turned to see the guy I had been staring at all night. Wow, he was so cute up close. "I'm so sorry, I got pushed and I fell into you. Are you ok?" He asked. His eyes were full of concern.

"It's not your fault. And yea, I think i'm ok." I told him with a smile, and he returned one. He flashed dimples, and I swear I would have lost all control had I not been on the ground.

"Come on, let's get some ice for your head." He said in a caring tone. He helped me up and walked me over to the bar. Little did I know, that this night was going to change everything.