Chapter 34 - Two Lights

Author's Note!

Hey Guys!

I wanted to put this at the start because I feel like putting it at the end will kill the tension at the end of the chapter.

I know it's been a little bit since I updated, and I sorry! I have been way to busy the last couple of weeks, but I should be back for good now. I'm going to try and update all of my stories by the end of the week, so keep an eye out for that.

Anyway, thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!

Love you guys!

Brooke

***

Ashley's POV

I am a firm believer in karma.

It stands to reason that those who do good are given good fortune, while those who make poor decisions are met with brutal backlash.

I never liked to mess around with forces I couldn't control.

I played a dangerous game with him, and I lost.

He didn't win either, but he came out further ahead.

No one can win when you mock the universe.

I laughed in its face, thinking that I was invincible.

But was I?

Sadly, no. I suffered the same fate that do many before me had as well.

I put myself in a losing situation.

He didn't love me.

He never will again.

It made me learn my lesson.

Respect the higher beings. They control the tempo of life. Everyone else is just their pawns.

That's life. Just many mistakes and lessons to be learned from them.

We all just live to die.

Some live a more fulfilling life than others, but in the end, we all come to face our own mortality at some point.

I'll be honest, I fear death.

I fear my mortality.

There are times where I ponder how I'll go out.

Will I live a long life?

Will it be an abrupt and untimely end?

Who knows?

I faced mortality that night.

It may not have been my own, but it was just as painful as my own death.

Everyone knows that no one is immortal, nor is any friendship, event, or memory.

Everything comes to an end at some point.

I faced the mortality of my only relationship on Valentine's Day.

Mortality prevailed again that night, as it always does.

Mortality is undefeated, and it ended another part of my life that night.

Mortality kept its perfect record.

My plane slowly descended from the gray sky down onto the runway.

I was in Denver again.

Basically my home away from home.

I stepped of the plane and briskly walked to baggage claim, where Gabe would be waiting for me. I spotted him almost immediately, and we walked to each other and embraced.