Chapter 2 - You Never Forget Your First

Ashley's POV

I fell asleep last night as soon as my head hit the pillow on the couch. I woke up on the couch at around 11 in the morning. I had a slight headache, but it all went away when I checked my phone and saw a text from Ryan. 

"Hey, I have a day off today and was wondering if you wanted to hang out?" It read. I could have passed out when I read that, and almost immediately responded.

"Yea, that sounds awesome. What did you have in mind?" I sent him back. While I waited for a reply, I decided to check on Alyssa and Nicole. They had way more to drink then I did last night, and would probably be sleeping until the middle of the afternoon. They were in the same room, Alyssa in the bed, and Nicole on the floor, neither of them changed out of the outfits they wore to the club, so I figured I'd let them sleep. I walked out when my phone chirped. I took it out of my pocket and saw it was from Ryan.

"I was thinking lunch, if you want." He said. 

"That's perfect, where do you want to go?" I asked. 

"I was thinking about somewhere like Red Robin, or you can choose." He said. He was so kind. But honestly, I had a major craving for a hamburger. 

"That's perfect, Ryan. I've been craving a burger for the longest time lol." I replied. 

"Sounds good, what time do you want me to pick you up? Does 12:30 work?" He asked. 

"That works. It's plenty of time for me to get ready. I'll see you in a little bit :)" I sent him.

"Ok, I'll see you soon Ashley." He replied. 

I decided to leave Alyssa and Nicole a note, incase they were wondering where I went. 

"Alyssa and Nicole,

I'm going to be out for a little bit. I'm not sure what time I'll be back. Text me if you need me to pick something up."

Ashley

I left the note on the kitchen table and went into the bathroom to check out what needed to be done to doll myself up for Ryan. I had to look good, but I didn't want to try to hard. I wanted to impress him, but I didn't want him to know that. I decided to get in the shower, because I was still probably a bit smelly from the booze last night. It was the beginning of October in Edmonton, so it was kind of cold. I put on a Detroit Red Wings hoodie. Even though I didn't know a lot about hockey, I was still the biggest Detroit Red Wings fan. Before my brother went overseas, he worked security downstairs at Red Wings' games in front of the Red Wings locker room. I went with him to every game I could and got close with a lot of the players. I was great friends with Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg, the teams 2 best players. They always talked to me and gave me game worn stuff. They were my best friends, other than the girls I ran away with. I threw on some black leggings and straightened my hair and put some make-up on. I thought I looked ok, I was just hoping Ryan would think the same.

As the clock hit 12:30, I heard a knock at the door. My heart skipped a beat, knowing that it was Ryan on the other side. I ran over to the door, not trying to look to eager, but happy to see him. I pulled open the door to see the brown haired, brown eyed cutie I was looking at all night. He was laughing at me for some reason.

"What's so funny?" I asked with a bit of a chuckle. 

"The Red Wings? Come on Ash, I thought you were better than that." He continued to laugh as I shook my head. 

"Sorry, I just love my hometown team." I told him, he had stopped laughing.

"It's ok Ash, I'll convert you to be an Oilers fan eventually." He said.