Chapter 5 - First Impressions

Ashley's POV

It's been about a week since going to the game, when Ryan kissed me goodnight. God that was amazing. I felt like Ryan actually cared about me. I was going to see a movie with Ryan tonight, and I was so excited. I haven't seen Ryan since that night because the Oilers went on a road trip, and I couldn't wait to see him again. I decided to look good for him, putting on a long shirt and half jacket with black leggings and flats. My heart was racing as I heard a knock on the door. I ran as fast as I could to answer it, just to be disappointed to see someone holding a box.

"Can I help you?" I asked the man.

"Yes, does Mitch Cook live here?" He asked.

"Yes he does. He isn't home right now, but he'll be back soon. Is it important?" I asked. He laughed.

"A little bit. All of the furniture he had ordered is here." He said.

"I'll call him to try and reel him in." I told the man. He nodded. I ran into the kitchen to call Mitch. On the first ring, he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Mitch. It's Ashley. The moving guys are here. They need you."

"Oh, shit! I forgot. I'll be back in 5 minutes. Thanks for calling."

He hung up and I returned to the man and told him that Mitch would be back shortly. The man turned around and headed down the stairs.

"I'm sorry." I heard the man say.

"Don't worry about it." I heard another voice. I assumed it was another moving guy, so I turned around to go get my bag. I came back to see the boy of my dreams in the doorway.

"Hey, Ashley." He said so softly. I sprint walked into his arms and snaked my arms around him.

"Hi, Ryan." I said, resting my head against his chest. "I missed you so much." I told him honestly.

"I missed you too, Ashley." He said softly. I squeezed him tighter. I never wanted to let him go. Despite my wishes, I let go of him and I looked into his gorgeous brown eyes. "Are you ready to go?" He asked sweetly.

"Yea." I said, and I followed him out.

We got to the theater at around 5:30. But as it turns out, everything for times around that were sold out except for one horror movie. Figures. I hated horror movies. They'd keep me up for days after I saw them. It wasn't Ryan's fault, despite him thinking differently. I gave his hand a gentle squeeze, and he knew I didn't blame him for the mishap. Despite me not wanting to see the movie, I didn't want to upset Ryan. He was paying, so I decided that I would suffer through it.

The theater was packed with people, and we were barely able to see a spot with 2 open seats next to each other. We found 2 along the wall that were perfect. One, because there was no one to sit next to other than Ryan, and 2, there was less of a chance that Ryan would be recognized. Despite Ryan's protest, I bought popcorn and drinks for us, and the movie started.

It was about halfway through the movie, and there were already about 4 or 5 points where the entire theater screamed. I was holding onto Ryan's arm the entire time. I was terrified. I think he knew too.

"We can leave if you want. You don't look like you're enjoying this." He whispered.

"No, it's ok, I'll Stick it out. I don't want to ruin your time." I replied.

"I don't want you to be uncomfortable or scared. We can leave whenever you're ready, ok?"

"Ok. Thanks, Ryan." I said, nuzzling my head into Ryan's shoulder. Right after I did, the whole theater screamed again, and I jumped, but Ryan was the only one who saw. He leaned his body closer to me, and I wrapped my arms around him, keeping my head in his shoulder. I loved how Ryan was so loving. He made me feel so safe.