Chapter 14 - Surprise

Ashley's POV

December 1st

The Edmonton weather ended up creeping up on the city, causing two things, a lot of snow and freezing temperatures. Growing up in Michigan somewhat prepped me for it, but this was nothing compared to Michigan. The weather wasn't constantly below freezing and there wasn't 3 inches of snow almost every other day. I jokingly thought we should have ran off to Florida instead, its beautifulthere, and it never snows. But going there would have meant no Ryan. Looking back, I couldn't imagine how I would have kept my cool without Ryan being there for me. He was more than just my boyfriend, he was truly my best friend. However, he's seemed really quiet lately, like he's hiding something. I can't put my finger on it, but I know that something is definitely up. 

On the first day of December, I felt like I had four hours of sleep. Mostly because I had four hours of sleep, because my best friend decide to wake me up at 5:00 a.m. 

"Ash, wake up." I felt Ryan's hand lightly pushing my shoulder. I knew they were going to Florida for a 2 game road trip against the Panthers and the Lightning, and he knows how much I'll miss him. 

"Ugh, what time is it?"

"5 a.m." 

"What?!" I groggily whined. 

"Yea, come on, wake up." 

"Why? I need sleep!"

"I promise you can sleep later, but come on." 

"Nooooooo." I moaned loudly.Ryan just sighed and walked out of the room. I figured he'd just let me go back to sleep, because he loved me no matter how difficult I was. I was way off. Ryan came back in about 30 seconds later and scooped me up like I weighed nothing. 

"Ryan?!" 

"Would you just trust me?" He said, setting me down on the floor. "Get dressed, you and Natalie are coming to the airport with us." He said. 

"Why?" I asked irritated, but he didn't answer, he walked out of the room. I just opted to get dressed and entertain his plan. I walked downstairs in my winter coat and jeans, with my black Ugg's. All the boys and Natalie were waiting for me. 

"There's sleeping beauty." Jordan said. 

"I'm not a morning person, and I'm not in a good mood." I replied, annoyed. They just all smiled and we filed out the door into Taylor's truck. 

We pulled up to the airport at around 5:30. Natalie and I followed the boys through security and went to their terminal to see most of the guys with their significant females. Something is going on. 

"What is everyone doing here? Are they begging their men to take them to Florida?" I asked Ryan. 

"Not quite. By the way, you shouldn't have worn such heavy clothing." 

"Um, why?" I asked. Ryan just grinned.

"You'd be surprised how warm it is 2500 miles south east of here." 

"What?" I was so lost. 

"Jesus, Ash. It's the wives and girlfriends road trip. We're going to Florida." Ryan said with a huge smile.

"Like, you and me?"

"That is correct." I had a massive smile, and it wasn't going away. I was going to Florida with my boyfriend. I threw myself around Ryan, overcome with happiness.

"Thank you so much Ryan, this is going to be so much fun!"

"I thought you'd like it."

"But, what about clothes and stuff?"