Chapter 7 - Second Impressions

Ryan's POV

We beat Calgary tonight 2-0. Taylor scored both our goals, as we never let up. Taylor, Jordan and I got in Taylor's truck and headed for home. In all of the chaos of today, I totally forgot to take Ashley home. I think she forgot too. I didn't mind. I did enjoy spending time with her, and she was my girlfriend. I hoped she was still back at the house and she didn't head home. I wanted to have her in my arms again. Everything about her was so great, and I couldn't wait to spend even more time with her.

We pulled up to the house at around 11:00. I quickly got out of the car to go check and see if Ashley was still home. I walked into the house, with only a faint sound coming from the TV in the living room. I walked in to see my lovely lady sleeping peacefully on the couch. I waited for Taylor and Jordan to go to their rooms before waking Ashley. I don't want that headache again. I walked into the kitchen to grab 2 glasses of water for Ashley and I. Taylor walked in and did the same.

"Hey, nice job tonight, Nuge. Those assists really put me in a good spot." He said, extending his hand.

"No problem, bud. Whatever I need to do to help us win." I said, shaking his hand.

"I'm gonna head to bed, I suggest you do the same. Even though we're off tomorrow, rest is crucial." He said.

"I will, man. Goodnight." I said.

"Goodnight." He replied as he headed up the stairs. Jordan had done the same. I walked back into the living room to wake Ashley.

"Ash, babe wake up." I whispered into her ear. Her beautiful blue eyes fluttered open and she looked at me with a smile.

"Hi, Ryan." She said, still a bit groggy.

"Hey, Ash. How long have you been asleep?" I asked. She looked at the clock and laughed.

"About 4 hours." She said. "But I am really tired."

"Here, why don't we head upstairs?" I suggested. She nodded and began to stand up. "No, I'll carry you. You look pretty beat."

"Thanks, Ryan." She said with a giggle as I picked her up. I carried her up the stairs and placed her in my bed. I went back downstairs and grabbed the 2 glasses of water and got in bed beside her. She quickly moved herself closer to me as I wrapped my arms around her. She quickly fell asleep in my arms, and I checked out soon after.

Ashley's POV

I woke up in my favorite place, Ryan's arms. I looked up at him, and he was peacefully sleeping. I didn't want to wake him up, so I carefully wriggled out of his arms and made my way down to the kitchen to find Taylor cooking a massive amount of eggs. He turned around when I touched the last stair.

"Good morning, Ashley." He said with a smile.

"Good morning, Taylor. Wow, it smells great in here, what are you making?" I asked.

"Four omelets. What do you like in yours?"

"Just cheese and ham. Nothing much." I said.

"It's funny you say that, Ryan likes the same thing." He said with a grin. I was probably red, but Taylor didn't mention it. He grabbed me a glass from the cabinet and told me to take whatever. I grabbed some orange juice and grabbed a seat on the island. I knew I had to bring up what happened with Ryan and Jordan the other night. If anyone knew what was going on, it was Taylor. On the other hand, I didn't want to intrude on their situation. I decided to ask.

"Taylor, has anything gotten better between Jordan and Ryan?" I asked. He turned around and sighed.

"No, it hasn't gotten better. I was hoping that sitting down together was going to fix the situation, but it didn't do anything. I'm just kind of hoping it resolves itself. I can't imagine those two playing on the same line and not getting along." He said. I let out a sigh, knowing I couldn't do anything to help the situation.