38

Stephanie

We've been sitting in the waiting room for what seems like forever. We were currently waiting on Jaceyon to get out of surgery.

I looked out the window and watched as the sun rose. Angel and Dave had fallen asleep, but I couldn't.

I couldn't stop thinking about how I almost lost him... I was so thankful that God decided to give him a second chance at living.

I love Jaceyon with everything in me. I don't know if I'd be able to go on without him. It's one thing if he's not around me and we're not speaking, but it's another thing if he's dead and I'm not able to ever speak to him again.

I remember when we first started hanging out. I fell in love with his goofiness and the way he made me laugh until my stomach hurt.

I smirked thinking about him.

I won't shut him out, no matter what happens. Even if we don't end up together, that'll always be my friend. He was my friend before all this.

"Um, Miss. Stephanie?" I turned around seeing Dr. Ross. "Yes?"

"He's out of surgery and he's awake. You can visit him now. And he may be a little spacey because of the medicine, but it should wear off." He smiled at me.

I nodded my head. "Thank you so much Dr. Ross... For everything..." He held his hand out for me to shake it, but I hugged him instead.

He hugged me back. "Oh no don't thank me. Jaceyon did all the work. He's in room 322."He said, walking out the room.

I walked over to where Dave and Angel were sleeping. I slightly shook Angel. "Angel, come on get up." She sat up and stretched.

"Is he awake?" She asked groggily. "Yes he is." She smiled and shook Dave excitedly.

"Dave, Dave! Get up!" That nigga didn't move.

"Angel just let me touch it... I know it's wet..." He mumbled and turned over in his chair.

Me and Angel looked at each other and chuckled. "David! Get up!" She hit him across the head and he jumped up holding it.

"Damn Angel! What you do that for?" He whined. "Come on, he's up." She giggled.

"What? He up?" "Yes! He's in room 322." Me and Angel exclaimed. He hopped up out his seat smiling. "Betttt!" He walked down the hall to his room.

We got to his door. I braced myself before going in. Dave opened the door and walked in. "My mothafuckin dog!" He yelled. Once Jd saw us, he smiled. They dapped each other up.

"Nigga are you crying?" Jd asked him. "N-Nah man." Dave wiped his eyes and turned around.

Angel went up to him and hugged him. "Heyyy Angel. Heyyy uncle fat mama..." He cooed to her belly. She giggled. "Hey Jd!"

Dave spoke up. "Hey man... I tried calling and texting Kelis, but no answer."

He shook his head. "That's alright."

"But aye tho B, I gotta step out real quick and get my baby mama and our bad ass child some to eat." Angel slapped him upside the head.

"Iight ni y'all, I done been slapped to many times today..." He pointed between me and Angel.

Jd chuckled. "What you mean?"

"Man Steph slapped me hard as fuck earlier.." He said as he shook his head.

"Shut up! She ain't even hit you that hard!" Angel instigated. His mouth dropped.

"Angel, you serious?! Was you not there?! I know that's yo best friend and all but you ain't got to lie ni." He turned back to Jd. "Bruh, Steph tried to put her fucking hand through my face." We all laughed.

He walked up to me and hugged me. "It's okay though, I still love yo crazy ass. Want some to eat back?" I shook my head. "No, I'm fine." I said softly.

"We'll bring you some back anyway." He playfully mushed my head, I smiled. They were about to walk out.

"Damn nigga! What about me?!" Jd threw his hands up. "Nigga you know you gotta eat this nasty ass hospital food! I'll sneak you some back tho!" He walked out the door.

Angel followed behind him. "No he won't." The door clicked shut.

I looked down at my gucci slides.

"Yo Steph." He called out for me.

I sighed. "I didn't mean it when I said I never wanted to see you again... I didn't know that all of this was going to happen.." My voice cracked.

"I know Stephanie. I know you were just upset. You ain't gotta apologize mama..."

"Jaceyon I'm so sorry... If it wouldn't have been for me, you wouldn't be in here right now.." I said playing with my fingers.

"Hey hey hey... Don't blame yourself baby... This isn't your fault. That pussy good. It'll make any man crazy." He chuckled.

I stomped my feet and smiled. "Jd I'm serious! I feel like everything's my fault. I'm not happy right now..."

"Well, I just made you smile. You gotta he happy about something..." He said softly. We smiled at each other.

"Come here.." He slightly threw his head back. I hesitated before walking over to him.

"Why you acting like that?" He whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Like what?"

"All shy and shit. You never been shy with me before.." He licked his lips and grabbed my hand. I instantly melted inside.

"Come lay with me." I stepped out of my slides and climbed into the bed. I moved around careful not to hurt him.

I laid on his side that wasn't wounded and got under the covers with him. I laid my head on his chest and threw my leg around his waist.

I looked up only for my lips to be met with his. He pressed his sweet soft lips on mine.

They feel better than what I remembered...

He slid his tongue into my mouth and softly pecked my lips in between. "Mmm, I missed you Steph..." He moaned.

"I missed you too.." I whispered. "Hey Steph."

"Yeah?" He pecked my lips again. "Your breath stink." We both laughed.

"What does it smell like?" I giggled. He kissed my lips again. "Like sour cream and onion chips."

We laughed again.

I'm so glad he got another chance to be here with me again...