63

"I might bend the rules, 'cause I'm in love with you."
- Jaden Smith 💜

The Next Morning...

Angel

I sighed as I sat at the island, twirling my spoon around in the cup of coffee that I only took one sip of.

I was feeling absolutely terrible about what happened between David and I last night. I can't believe I actually accused him of cheating on me (with the mail lady at that), and he's definitely letting me feel the consequences to my actions.

I've been texting and calling him all night long but have yet to get a reply. I haven't gotten not one minute of sleep, and I've been crying all night long with a pillow in between my legs.

Not only do I miss him, but our Little Butt does too. This morning, before Mama Faye came and picked her up, she wouldn't stop crying for nothing in the world...

She's so used to cuddling with David in the morning before he leaves for work. So once she realized that he wasn't in the bed and it was just me and her, she lost it.

I tried laying her down on his side of the bed so she could smell his scent and think that he was still there. It calmed her down a tad bit, but she just worked herself right back up.

I just wish he'd come home...

My thoughts were cut off by me hearing the front door open and close. Shortly after that, I heard footsteps coming up the hall.

I looked up from my cup to see David standing in the doorway, looking back at me with his hands behind his back. My eyes landed back on my coffee.

He walked over to where I was sitting and leaned down, repeatedly pecking the side of my mouth. I closed my eyes enjoying the feeling of his soft lips being pressed against my face.

"Good morning baby..." The aroma of his minty breath lingered under my nose.

"Morning..." I whispered back to him.

"I'm sorry I left the way I did last night. I shouldn't have done that, but baby you KNOW I'm not cheating on you and you still accused me of it!" He said lifting his head up.

"Baby, I know! I just..." I paused letting out a frustrated sigh.

"It was just all the hormones and everything's been making me crazy... I'm sorry about the way I acted. I feel horrible..." I said frowning.

He kissed my lips. "Awwe baby... I know your hormones are all over the place. Mine are too..." His guilt filled face made me furrow my brows at him.

"What? David what's wrong?" I asked as I softly rubbed his beard with my thumb. He put his head down.

"Umm, there's something I need to tell you..." My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach. I stopped rubbing him and sat up straight.

God, please don't tell me he's about to say what I think he's going to say...