Chapter Fourteen: Struggling

Y/n's POV

I'm struggling to breathe, my head dipping above and below the water. I could swim somewhat decently in the pool, but at the beach? Forget it. The waves were too strong, and the water was too shallow. I could feel two big splashes when my head dipped back under the waves. My body and mind were starting to become exhausted from struggling so much.

Although my eyes were closed, I was fully aware of my surroundings. Someone had their arms around me and then, I felt sand beneath me.

Namjoon's POV

Why did she do it? Why didn't she just come to us? We could have talked about it.

As I was running to her, I throw my shirt somewhere on the pier and jump into the water. Yoongi jumps in shortly after me.

Where is she?

I see her arms flailing and yell to Yoongi since he's closer to her.

Yoongi's POV

I swim to her, bringing her to the surface.

"You got her?" Namjoon yells from close by.

"Yeah! Come on, let's get her to the shore."

Her body seemed limp. When we get to land, I lay her body on the sand and she starts to cough up some water. I turn her to her side and when her coughing subsides, I sit her up and hug her.

"What are you doing, pabo? Why did you do it?" Namjoon says as he joins in on the hug.

"I slipped off the railing by accident but I'm glad you guys were there." She says, still catching her breath. "I'm sorry if I scared you but you guys can let go now. I can't breathe." We release her from the hug.

I flick her forehead, "Pabo! Didn't you learn to swim?"

She rubs her forehead with a pout, "Sort of. Haha, I can swim a little in a pool."

Namjoon gets up and starts to leave. "Well, I'll leave you two to it then. Oh, by the way, happy birthday, hyung." Namjoon says as he brushes the sand off his swim shorts.

Y/n's POV

I look between Yoongi and Namjoon. "Wait! Why don't we all spend some time together? My treat. Think of it as a thank you for saving me and as a birthday gift for Yoongs."

I look behind Namjoon, "Also, Taehyung was it? Would you like to join?" I ask the boy standing behind Namjoon.

The rest of the night goes by with no problems. We watched a movie and then went out to eat dinner at a nice restaurant.