Chapter Sixteen: Meeting the Parents

Y/n's POV

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE SORTA THE VALEDICTORIAN?!" my mother screeches.

"Eomma, there's two valedictorians this year. It's me and Namjoon. I hadn't realized that there was the possibility of there being two valedictorians. Anyways, I must go, okay? I have to finish my speech and practice it for graduation."

I leave and head outside to see Namjoon waiting in his car.

"Are you excited about graduation and your big speech?" he says as he steps out to open the door for me.

"Thank you. By the way, it's our speech, remember? Have you written yours yet?"

He chuckles as he takes off, shaking his head. "I'm going to let you take the lead on the speech. It's more important to you anyways, right?"

I put my hand over his, "It will be more important to me if we do it together."

"Let's eat dinner tonight somewhere. My treat." Namjoon says at a red light.

I shake my head, "My parents are in town until graduation, and I want to spend time with them. Matter of fact, why don't you meet them?" He nods eagerly.

We focused on our speech for the rest of the evening and I'm almost sure that it's almost perfect.

"There are some things I want to add but it won't hinder from the speech," Namjoon says, leaning into me.

"S-sure."

I can feel his breath tickle my nose. His scent was intoxicating. It was a mixture of mint and cologne.

"You smell nice." He says to me and I gulp.

I look down at my wrist, "Omo! Look at the time! It's getting late haha we should head home now."

He raises his eyebrow at me and replies, "Your watch is on your other wrist."

I resist the urge to knock myself out and end my misery right then and there.

"W-well, you said you wanted to meet my parents, right? I wouldn't want you to go home too late. My mother will probably want to have you over for dinner." As I say this, he finally sits straight up.

I breathe a silent breath of relief, he was making me nervous.

The drive home was a peaceful one, in the middle of it, Namjoon gently grabs my hand. We held hands silently for a while before he clears his throat.

"Hey, Kitten? How come you don't call me Joonie anymore?"

Had I stopped?

"Oh, did I? I hadn't realized. I'll start calling you that more, Nam— uh Joonie."