Chapter Seventeen: Bad Idea

When we arrived at my apartment, we took off our shoes at the door and I yelled into the apartment, "Appa! Eomma! There's someone I want you to meet."

We walk into the apartment to see them watching TV.

They both stand up and Namjoon bows, "Hello, my name is Namjoon. I'm..." He looks at me. "A friend of Y/n's."

My father looks between the both of us in confusion and my mother has her face in her hands.

"Oh? Honey, I didn't know you had such handsome friends!" My mother says and bats her eyelashes.

My father runs to grab a blanket, throwing it over me. "Honey are you sure they're just friends?" He says as he takes a wet paper towel and smears my makeup.

After that, my mother frantically runs around cooking more dishes to prepare for dinner. Namjoon, my father, and I sit in the living room. Namjoon fidgets beside me as my father sits across from us and bores holes into Namjoon.

"So, your name is Namjoon. Why is that?" my father says, his eyes still on Namjoon.

"Well, that's what my mother na—"

"What's your IQ?"

"Oh, it's—"

"What's your shoe size?"

"I'm a size—"

"Where are your parents from?"

"My parents are from—"

"What kind of car do you have?"

"My car is a—"

"Do you like my daughter?"

"I do. No, I mean—She's a very nice—"

"Do you think she likes you back?"

"Appa!" I stand up quickly, looking down at my father and then at my mother, "Eomma! Do something!"

Still cooking, she yells, "Honey! Stop it! You're scaring the nice boy!"

I sigh and stare my father down, "Maybe this was a bad idea, Joonie."

My father stops staring at Namjoon and looks at me in confusion. "Joonie??? You have nicknames for each other? Honey! They have cutesy names for each other!"

I sigh and tuck my hair behind my ears, "Okay that's it. Eomma! We'll help in the kitchen. Here dad, watch whatever you want on TV."

I hand him the remote and grab Namjoon's hand, dragging him to the kitchen. It wasn't much longer after that, dinner was finished.

"My daughter, where is the blanket I gave you?" My dad says with his mouth full.

I try not to roll my eyes, "Appa, my clothes aren't showy. Besides, the blanket was hot."

My mother clears her throat. "So, I saw a picture of you and a handsome young fellow. Are the three of you friends? When will we meet him?"

My eyes widen, and I glance quickly at Namjoon. "Yeah, we're all friends. We don't typically hang out together though," Namjoon replied, a slight tone to his voice.

Well I hang out with Namjoon or Yoongi, never both at the same time.

"Oh? Well, introduce us after graduation." My mother says happily.

After dinner, Namjoon and I clean the dishes. We occasionally splash each other with the soapy water. He takes a handful of soap bubbles and puts it on my nose. We hadn't realized that my mother and father were watching from the living room.

"Do you think he's good for her?" My father says to my mother.

She reaches over to hold his hands, "They remind me of us when we were younger." She giggles and my father looks over at her. "Do you think she will pick him over Ji—"

"Shh I don't want them to hear us...!" She whispers.

After the dishes were done, I walk Namjoon out to his car. "I had a good time, Y/n. Your parents are... nice." He chuckles as he says the last sentence.

"I had fun too. I'm sorry about my parents, if they gave you a hard time."

He looks away, smiling. "It's not a problem."

He turns to look at me, "There's something I've been wanting to do since we became friends."

I cock my head to the side, "What is it Joonie?"

"This."

He cups my face and kisses me.