08 .

ACCIDENTS & INTENT .

TAEHYUNG .

His milky skin is cold as it vigorously moves against my own. As if to spite our sweat-drenched forms, his ice intwined blood conspires against ghostly skin, sending my body into a fret of cold. He moves from beneath the covers, tufts of dark hair shielding the glorious blasphemy embedded in those emerald orbs.

"Leaving?" I question, my voice raspy due to the early hour.

"Leaving." The man - whom I've shamefully forgotten the name of - confirms, wiggling into his underwear.

All is peacefully sinful for a moment as I lazily watch him through semi-closed eyelids, his figure blurring in the hungover fog of my vision. Yet, just as I feel my eyelids beg for closure, the door swings open, along with my eyes. Startled, the half-naked male grunts, shrugging on a tshirt and scantily brushing passed the new occupant of the room.

"Woah," Jin passes his gaze from the retreating figure of the stranger, toward my tucked up form, "who was that?"

I can't look him in the eye, partially because of shame, but also due to to the light reflecting against the glass of his round spectacles, "uhh...Jae..? Jack? Jill? Something with a J..."

"Jesus."

"No, that doesn't sound right."

"Ha, you're hilarious." He rolls his eyes,  a warranted frown glossing over his handsome features, "I honestly wish it was Jesus, you need him."

"Oh, hunny, I am Jesus in be-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." Jin glowers, his frown deepening, "that's not the guy you went out with the other day, is it?"

"Hu- uh, no..no, it is not."

"Man, for all that whining, you moved on quick."

"Oh, hush, it was an accident... an accident."

"No, Kim Taehyung, an accident is having sexual intercourse with a stranger on one drunken occasion. This is, what, your tenth guy this month?"

"Eighth, I'm not a whore, I just get drunk a lot."

"Oh, yeah, like that's an excus-"

"Guess who I just got off the phone with," Namjoon's face peaks 'round the door, his deep voice warm throughout the room, "your boss, Tae."

Kim Namjoon has been my best friend since I was five and he was six. He moved in next door and my parents considered it favourable for the family to remain on good terms with neighbours, so encouraged our friendship. His family, unlike other associates of my parents, were kind and, despite their wealth, they weren't stuck up or rude, no, they were honest. Namjoon has always been somebody that I felt I could relate to; he always knows the answer to everything and if there's anybody I trust with my life, it would be him. Which is predominantly why he's the only person I could even openly consider the prospect of sharing a homosexual thought with. He'd always listen to me.

It was when he was sixteen that he met Seokjin, during some sort of work experience. Jin is the only guy he's ever dated and supposedly the only one he ever wants to. It was since their relationship became public, that my parents tried to reduce my time spent with Namjoon. It's not that they're particularly homophobic, they just didn't like the prospect of some rumour to be spread about me through a news outlet. It's a disgusting way of adapting your life style.

Regardless, I remained Namjoon's friend, even when the pair moved out here together so Namjoon could study at a business college, Jin settling for a temporary job as a chef.

Although, since I met the guy, he's always adored the idea of working at a florist: the thought of being surrounded by intoxicatingly supple flowers had always appealed to a beautiful soul such as Kim Seokjin.

I shrink further into my bed, trying to hide my body from the judging eyes of my best friend and his boyfriend.

"You're fired.. again." Namjoon's warmth disperses with the final syllable, turning into a faint disappointment; the very same disappointment my parents had shared when I dropped out of high school.

"Oh, great, I swear you've tried every job that doesn't require a high school diploma in this town?" Jin exasperatedly huffs, "why'd you get fired this time? Sleep with one of the people you delivered to?"

The bitterness of his tone hits hard against my skin, seeping through the cracks and adding to the never-ending collection of discontent that rots within me.

"No, actually, he just didn't turn up." Namjoon responds for me, placing a comforting hand against his boyfriend's shoulder.

"You guys need to chill, I can just get a job in the pet shop, I saw they had offers."

"Thank god it's all worked out for you." Jin spits, turning to leave dramatically.

"Gah, what's up with him?"

Namjoon folds his arms, leaning up against the wall, sending me the most condescending of glances, "could you at least pretend you intend on giving something back to him?"

"What are you on about?"

"He does a lot for you but you constantly make him worry."

"He's not my mother, he shouldn't worry about me..."

Namjoon smiles cutely, his pretty dimples indenting his tan skin, just as they always have, "oh, but it's hard not to worry for you, Taehyung."

//