Lunch?

Fallon's POV

I awoke to the sun shining through the blinds. I turned into my stomach and put the pillow I was laying in over my head. But it was no use once I wake up I'm up.

''Happy Birthday." Everyone yelled out. I thanked them.

I decided to get up and I brushed my teeth. I checked my phone which was still in my bag since yesterday. I switched it on and checked the time. It was 10am. Why in the world am I up so early?

I then realised Scarlett wasn't in her room and if was dead silent downstairs so nobody was up. I made myself downstairs anyway.

Downstairs I found a Scarlett sleeping in the couch and a laptop on the coffee table and open booklet and a pencil next to it. What was she doing. I made my way closer to her and saw that on top of the laptop's keyboard laid a copy of the art/computer class assignment we were all assigned.

I sat on a love seat couch and picked up the laptop and I saw that her laptop had a warning on. Battery critically low 10% battery remaining
the warning said. I exited the warning and played through a video she had made.

I played through it and 2 minutes into it Mr and Mrs Adrian made their way downstairs.

I paused the video.

"Good morning." I said. With a smile.

"Good morning Fallon." Mr and Mrs Adrian said.

"Why is Scarlett asleep on the couch?" Robert, Scarlett's father asked me.

"I think she was doing her assignment for art/computer class. Check this out." I said and turned the laptop towards them and played the video from the beginning.

After 5 minutes the video stopped and Mrs Adrian's eyes were watery, while Mr Adrian smiled.

Mrs Adrian looked at the sleeping beauty and saw and saw the booklet she picked it up.

"He taught me what a true friend was. He showed me what a true friend cost. He showed me what a true friend did. He was there for me when I was sad, he comforted me in days I we depressed. He made me feel secure around him. He made me laugh when I was sick. He wasn't just a friend but a shoulder to lean on. I lost contact with him and after I saw him again, for what seemed like for years, in which it in fact was 4 years, he inspired me. I look up to him and I see my friend beginning his career. He inspires me to do the same. This is why he is my inspiration." Mrs Adrian read out.

Tears ran down her cheeks and Mr Adrian comforted her. Mr Adrian handed the booklet over to me

What caught my eyes was....

Mathilda (Mrs Adrian)

I walked downstairs and saw Scarlett asleep on the couch and Fallon on her laptop.

"Good morning." Fallon said with a smile.

"Good morning Fallon." Both me and Robert replied.

I looked at my daughter and how fast asleep she was. It was great resting and having a day off to spend it with my family.

"Why is Scarlett asleep on the couch?" Robert asked Fallon.

"I think she was doing her assignment for art/computer class. Check this out." Fallon said and turned the laptop towards Robert and I and played the video from the beginning.

The video reminded me of those day back in Canada where life was just calmer and enjoyable. It reminded me of those days we spent as a family. The days Scarlett wouldn't stop smiling. What happened to my baby girl. She rarely smiled.