Video clip

Continuation of previous chapter.

I called and after one ring he picked it up.

"Hello? Shawn speaking." He sounded like I just woke him up

"Oh I'm so sorry that I woke you up." I said.

"No it's fine, I was waiting for you to call and all and I fell asleep. So what's up?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said, not knowing what to say.

"Me neither." Shawn said.

"Okay I'm gonna be honest. This conversation is awkward." I said honestly, when I still lived in Toronto we never had these types of awkward conversations and it actually bothered me now.

I longed for Shawn and our friendship, and now I have the chance to rekindle it, but I'm afraid that, that bit of friendship I thought we still had, didn't exist, truthfully I didn't wanna loose Shawn again.

"I never knew being separated so long could do this. We use to talk about anything and everything. It never use to be awkward." Shawn said.

He's right. When he was 9 and I was 8 he told me about this girl in his class that he liked, that time him and I were in the the second grade. Second grade was the only grade were were never in the same class.

"Okay so let's do that." I said with a boost of confidence, I was 99% confident that our friendship would be rekindled but there always that 1% chance that lingered.

"So how is life in Ohio?" Shawn asked.

"Different. Although I'd prefer Canada any time." I honestly said.

"Oh really?" Shawn said.

"Mendes were you thinking that I liked Ohio more than Canada?" I questioned him, with a smirk on my face. I wonder what his facial expression looked like.

"Me..oh what, no ,no. I did not think...that at all." Shawn said. It was obvious that he was lying, he always so is pause for a brief second in his sentences if he lied.

"Liar." I laughed out.

"Okay you got me. I surrender. I'm surprised you knew I was lying and you not even in front of me." Shawn said.

"Well Shawn, this was just a lucky time." I said with a smile on my face.

"Lucky time?" Shawn asked.

"Well sometimes when you lie, you either have a guilty facial expression and you usually fidgety and other times you pause between your words when you speak. And it just happened that you paused between your words." I said happily as my smile grew bigger thinking of those times when he lied.

"You really know me well." Shawn said.

"I really do. Do you know me that well?" I asked.

"P-sh, sure I do." Shawn said

"Prove it." I challenged him.

"Well you love music, you a Mixer, Fiver, Directioner a Vampette, a Harmonizer you love Teen Wolf fan, Avengers fan, Ariana Grande fan, Green Lantern fan, 5 Seconds of Summer fan, All Time Low, John Mayor fan, Ed Sheeran fan, Justin Bieber fan , Charlie Puth fan. Your favourite colour is green. You middle name is Lily, one day you want to become a Marine Biologist, you a perfectionist, courages, playful, immature, honest and always happy. And you can't lie at all. And you hate spider abdomen you are petrified of them. And you listen to your parent." Shawn said and mumbled 'a good girl that hasn't been caught'

"Heard that Mendes. And to get to Canada and Ohio before we go further off that. Yeah Ohio is a beautiful place that's it, Canada is my home and it will forever be my home, Toronto was so peaceful, the weather was always perfect there. Canada never has a dull day, there's so !much to do, more than others people think. I miss Canada, and Aaliyah." I said, my eyes growing !much more about every millisecond.