The almost kiss

Scarlett's POV

"It got held up by the post office." Mom said.

Both my parents were in smiles.

"How did they know w..." I was cut off by my mother.

"Why didn't you tell us you sang?" Dad asked.

"It was mine and Aiden's small little secret. And it was my trap door, I used to escape from the world." I said.

I read through the pages.

It explained about Island Records, what they meant. It explained to what music meant to them.

They said that if I was okay with it we could meet up and talk. On the last page was a number, the number of the manager of Island Records.

Mom said I should phone and so I did.

Charles Tores was the manager. He said that if it was okay to meet up at his office next week in Canada but she told me to not tell anyone until we spoke. I was extatic. He said that he'd book tickets for me, my mother and my father today and send the tickets to us, we'd get it Wednesday. Since today was Friday there was a whole week to go through.

"So how about that movie?" I asked.

"Well its only at 6 pm so that's in 3 hours." Dad said.

"Okay so I'll call Shawn to ask if it's okay that we meet up again." I said.

"Again?" Mom asked.

"We had lunch today." I said.

My mom gave me knowing look as if she knew something was up.

"You know I didn't mind you dating that boy." Dad said.

"Okay we are not having this conversation right now." I said and walked away.

I phoned Shawn and he said he'd pick me up, I gave him my address.

After 10 minutes I heard the sound of a car's hooter. I looked outside and saw Shawn.

"See you later." I said to my parents.

I made my way to the door.

The last thing I heard was my mother yelled out
"Keep it PG13."

I closed the door and made my way to Shawn's car. I got in the passanger seat and we drove off. Shawn turned the radio on. And we made small talk.

"So when's your next album or single coming out?" I'm asked.

"Wow, looks like you excited for it more than me, but hopefully next year." Shawn said.

"Oh come on, no details?" I asked.

"Okay well I might collaborating with someone new in the music industry on the next album." Shawn said.

"That's gotta be cool. You would so be an inspiration to that new singer." I said.

The a song I loved played on the radio. And I sang along. I knew Shawn sang in this song.

Oh Cecilia you breaking my heart
You shaking my confidence daily
Put your hand up
You surrounded
The whole love thing
I clowned it
So who's the joker
Guess I'm it
Coz I let it right go when I felt it
Time has never been my best suit
Now I got everything except for you
You moved out of my heart
Still got bruised
I'd give it all back to be next to you.

I saw Shawn smile.

"Come on sing with me." I said and he began singing. When it came to the part that he sang, I stopped singing and then joined in again at the end.